The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T Turbo choices to use

w41k3r

Hey i have most of my kit collected now but fear the turbo i got with the kit is a poor one i only paid £380 for the kit so pritty much pennies but im looking to change the turbo.

I think the manifold i have is a t3/t4 manifold as it has 8 holes instead of 4 if that makes sence.

Im just wondering are there any standard car turbos that would be a good choice to pick up that will do the job im looking for something that would be direct fit if not it will have to be aftermarket

The power will not be going above 400bhp i saw jamie p posted saying an evo turbo would be good but then later homer said it was a diff flange just any help would be good

My turbo and manifold as now :sos:

No xs power branding, manifold is exotic speed the guy that sold it to me said he paid a £1000+ but crashed his car so was just selling it to get rid, all parts are brand new

I tried to name the title so if people searched in future they might find some info any chance you know any good stock turbos you could use if any?

im going with a precision turbo for my build, that looks like a xs power turbo not all of them have the brand name on them.

go with a turbo that suites the manifold, you dont want a t3 turbo for a t4 manifold, as you would need to get the special flange, which would increase the height the turbo sits at.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

cheers the turbo i have has the t3 5 bolt rear with 2.5" v band so i will have to change this to one with a 3" but i am deffo wanting to go down the internal wastegate route

Ill just have to chance how this random turbo is for the first startup lol

Hey seen as though your like a god on here Jamie P what turbo would you use just to keep it simple ? i seen in an earlier thread you wanted to go evo turbo but then never botherd with the project as i said before it wont go above 400bhp ive not got the hang of turbos yet im still researching :)

The stainless feed line i got only looks a small diameter will this be fine ? what size does the return line need to be around -8an is that right ?

Does anybody ever use a strong rubber hose for the return or is it allways stainless lines used ? think i will just test this turbo like you said just to see how it goes

well i researched a different way of doing it that im looking into where the return goes to the other side of the block where the oil level sensor goes into in the states they call it a drilless kit

Its only a maybe but to be honest if it doesnt work ill just put the sensor back in as i bought a spare one of a member anyway trial and error no doubt lol