The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling the car!!!!!!

dude

Been off circuit racing since thursday and I am seriously thinking of selling the Supra as soon as its run some decent numbers:blink:..............................and building a circuit supra, as light as we can, single turbo and hopefully reasonably quick to run in the future classics.

Chat with Ryan, he have quite a lot of experience in building track Supra and weight reduction :)

I think the weight reduction will be take out anything we do not need:blink: the car only has to retain the original silhouette, so we will have no glass except screen and glass tailgate and doors. We will also cut the roof off to build the cage then whack it back on, 1100 kgs would be nice:eyebrows: with around 600hp:innocent:

Are u having a bubble John? After everything you've put into that drag car you'd seriously consider selling it :blink:

i always thought u were a 10second kinda guy lol, not that fussed about corners etc???

Been out on the Hyabusa all week and just bought a tuned up blade so getting ready for a load of track days, a circuit supra would be fun:cool:

Why don't you just donate it to the Supra-T foundation for unfortunate single-auto owners john?:innocent:

Cause you wouldn't know what to do with it!!!!!!:p As soon as the black car is up and running and we will prob start prepping the new car:eyebrows:

Whats this future classics thing Dude? not fancy time attack?

Proper roundy roundy racing JP, we need to see if the supra qualifies, basically the cars are supposed to be road cars converted to race cars but this gets abused!!! The sillhouette must stay the same as a stock car, under the bonnet anything goes using the manufactrers original engine as a base, there was a wicked old school 911 that was a purpose built race car turned into something that looked like a road 911 (not really in the spirit of things) that got smashed in testing. There are then classes within that, ie 2 ltr , turbo, etc.

The Ferrari I was spannering on races in another class called 'swinging sixties' ie 60,s based cars and 60 series tyres, Ray who drives it is having a TR8 built at our place to drive alongside the Dino, the TR will run in future classics with a 5ltr V8 on down draught webbers:eyebrows:

Just I love track days on a bike but im prob a bit to old to start racing one of those so maybe hammering a light weight supra round a circuit will come close.

you know you will miss it if you get rid of it

But I will still have a supra dude, the lights etc still need to work, just it will not have the monster power of this one, but using a small turbo like JP's old one on race fuel in a very light car it will prob still run easy 10 sec 1/4 miles and have a good top speed (depending on what box we go with)

back to aero then? for enjoyment rather than a monster?

i know what you mean about stucture differences now though....

Dude a circuit car will have the cage welded to the floor, pillars etc to completley stiffen the car up, far more so than a drag car, thats why we will cut the roof off to put the cage in, told you aerotops were floppy.:rolleyes:

Have they said a Supra is allowed to run then? its says some 1990 cars are allowed with committee approval.

Ive e.mailed them JP, the ferrari dino that was running is one of the most popular cars so maybe Ray can put a word in.

Been off circuit racing since thursday and I am seriously thinking of selling the Supra as soon as its run some decent numbers:blink:..............................and building a circuit supra, as light as we can, single turbo and hopefully reasonably quick to run in the future classics.

Ah cool, a convert from straight lines to corners ;)

Circuit racing is where I think most people will find their 'edge' and properly see what competition motorsport is all about.

My comment is not to take anything away from drag racing, but once you do a few circuit races with other cars all over the place then you'll know what I mean (if not already) :)

Best of luck with it !

Ah cool, a convert from straight lines to corners ;)

Circuit racing is where I think most people will find their 'edge' and properly see what competition motorsport is all about.

My comment is not to take anything away from drag racing, but once you do a few circuit races with other cars all over the place then you'll know what I mean (if not already) :)

Best of luck with it !

Done plenty of track days on bikes dude, always in the 'expert' group, mostly race bikes etc so I know exactly what you mean, just need to upgrade my licence and have a couple of tests arranged to see if I can cut the mustard, also got an ex BTC champ giving me some coaching.