The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Re: Zoom Carbon Interior Mirror

Hoppy

I agree lads. Way too expensive. I nearly bought this item on a few previous occasions, but i came to my senses each time. I knew it would get the better of me in the end though.

I take it nobody's thinking of buying one then? :D

I'm aiming for a carbon interior, in the long run.What i can't replace, i'm gonna coat with carbon fibre.I just thought this mirror would make a nice addition :rolleyes:

As for weight.I can't see this mirror being much lighter over stock, but i'll add the weights when i recieve it.

I recieved this mirror today chaps :nana:

The quality is stunning, and fitment is 100%.

OEM mirror weight - 383g

Zoom carbon mirror - 242g

Although this mirror cost me a pretty penny, i'm well happy with it on the whole :)

Tell you what though. The bolt holding the stock mirror to the rear block was tight as hell. Toyota use locktite (blue) on it. Also i don't know what bonding agent MR T uses to stick the rear block to the glass, but good damn it's strong. I was amazed that it stayed put, considering the amount force i had to use to remove the bolt.

It is a weird shape, i agree mate.

It's a bit narrower on the right hand side, which i fancy aids visability, for the driver.

The wide angle lense increases visabilty across the width of the car, if you know what i mean.You can almost see out of the rear side windows via this mirror, although things behind now look closer, compared to the stock mirror view.