The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Long Are You Going To Keep Your Supra?

a98pmalcolm

So... Whats the Gut Feeling?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. So... Whats the Gut Feeling?

• Sold It Already
    • Its Up For Sale Now
    • Thinking Of Selling It Soon
    • 1 Year
    • 2 Years
    • + 3 Years
    • Its Never Even Entered My Mind
    • Intend to Keep It Forever
    • I Dont own A Supra But want To

Well due to a recent poll people say there isnt enough!

I just took a shower and came up with quite an interesting one to see how long people intend to keep there Supra for....

You out there that feel the need to own more than one, please make your choice count for your favourite one!

If you are selling it, want to sell it or goin to sell it soon feel free to post up what you want to replace your Supra with...

Will be intersting to see the results

I'll Start with "1 year" Due to saving up for a Skyline R34 S Tune (or Z tune if im lucky to find one)

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I am concerned at the moment it will be staying with me as long as it is working. I am hoping to get a single install sometime in the future, and it will probably be like triggers brush by the time I am truely satisfied, so I am hoping for many many years of enjoyment.

I had my Supra for five years and sold it about 3 years ago.

Since then, I've had a Lotus Elise, an Impreza Turbo and now I have a Porsche 996 Carrera 2.

Life's too short not to try other cars, but the Supra was one of the best cars I've owned (and the fastest!)

I intend on keeping mine forever; I wanted to change to a vvti 6 speed so I toyed with the idea of seeling last year and did actually advertise... for about 2 days.

Cant bring myself to sell my current Supra, the last 2 1/2 years have been turbulent but I have put in too much effort to ever sell

I'd like to completely restore my Supra, and retire her in a nice heated workshop :)

Porsche 997 C2S

If I had the money that'd be what i'd replace the Supra with right now + GT3 aero kit.

I'll keep the Supra until I have enough money to replace it with something better. The thing with the Supra is it punches well above it's price tag, so it's quite hard to find something with the same looks/power that isn't ~40k+

If I had the money that'd be what i'd replace the Supra with right now + GT3 aero kit.

I'll keep the Supra until I have enough money to replace it with something better. The thing with the Supra is it punches well above it's price tag, so it's quite hard to find something with the same looks/power that isn't ~40k+

my only reason for even contemplating selling is that my fiancée cant drive a manual. in hind sight I wish I had an Auto....

did I say that..... :twak:

I was thinking about the Supra pricetag the other day. The retail on it was approx 42k. However, that was in 1993. £42k back then has to be the equivilant of a lot more money nowadays??

We can't compare a 42k car in 1993 to a 42k car in 2010.

I would love to keep my TT for as long as I can, But realistically when super unleaded hits about £1.50 a litre it would be too costly to keep. So expect a for sale thread from me in about 6 weeks!

However if funds dictated I would swap her for a replica cobra 427 (or buy and build one in kit form).

I was thinking about the Supra pricetag the other day. The retail on it was approx 42k. However, that was in 1993. £42k back then has to be the equivilant of a lot more money nowadays??

We can't compare a 42k car in 1993 to a 42k car in 2010.

Had to look this up, only out of interest.

With inflation factored, £42,000 in 1993 is £63,840 in todays money

Had to look this up, only out of interest.

With inflation factored, £42,000 in 1993 compares to £63,840 today

Good enough to show my point. Obviously that won't be it cut and dried as exchange rates and material costs will have fluctuated, as well as economies.

Anyway, as a rule.... you need to be comparing the Supra to 63K+ cars :D

Good enough to show my point. Obviously that won't be it cut and dried as exchange rates and material costs will have fluctuated, as well as economies.

Anyway, as a rule.... you need to be comparing the Supra to 63K+ cars :D

Right enough, I only said 40k+ as you could get a second hand 360 modena or 997 C2S for around that money, and those are two cars i'd definitely chop the Supra in for :)

Right enough, I only said 40k+ as you could get a second hand 360 modena or 997 C2S for around that money, and those are two cars i'd definitely chop the Supra in for :)

Ahh, but that would be comparing a 2nd hand price against a new price. You need to compare apples with apples ;)