The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Twin Sequential Setup From SP!

JamieP

Personally, I wouldn't want sequential twins at higher power than 400bhp. I found too much torque low-down kills the car's abilities with RWD. That's just me though.

It wont be like that, it will be more like a car that spools like a T67 but with the power of a GT47 imo.

It wont be like that, it will be more like a car that spools like a T67 but with the power of a GT47 imo.

But surely you'd need a rev limit over 10k to make use of a system like that... and some serious traction. I'm struggling to see any benefit over a decent single or big twin system in most (if not all) circumstances.

But surely you'd need a rev limit over 10k to make use of a system like that... and some serious traction. I'm struggling to see any benefit over a decent single or big twin system in most (if not all) circumstances.

For this sort of power output you would need a built engine so high revs wont be a problem, i would have thought it should spool like any other mid size single, this kit imo could be the future for big power supras, big turbos like mine kick in so hard traction is easily lost, and big twins are to laggy for me, two smaller turbos kicking in at different rpm ranges could well help with traction.

Personally, I wouldn't want sequential twins at higher power than 400bhp. I found too much torque low-down kills the car's abilities with RWD. That's just me though.

Indeed - and you can just have your mapper set you up some gear-dependant boost. It's all in the delivery!