The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Moving to Holland

Garyafc

Well, i'm moving to Holland next month and was just wondering about bringing the supra over, so if yous could answer a couple of questions for me that would be great!!

Whats the insurance like?

Is there any import tax to pay?

Is it expensive to get maintenance done on the car?

If ordering parts from outside Europe, how much tax do you pay?

Just the basic stuff, cannot think of anything else of hand, anything else i need to know would be much appreciated?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if no one answered you earlier

you don`t have to pay import taxes because you already own the car and is covered under your carry-on (for example take your tv, you don`t pay taxes for that aswell)

(http://www.rdw.nl/nl/voertuigeigenaar/international_visitor)

maintenance is the same in your country i believe, if you take it to toyota you pay toyota bills ;)

but there are some importers here that also do maintenance (like ATS-imports an SW-performance)

import taxes are 10% if i`m correct and then you also have to pay VAT (BTW) and that`s 19%

but it`s NOT all the time like that because i ordered some parts from Paul and sometimes i don`t have to pay any taxes (which i really like btw haha)

don`t forget to change the headlights to lhd (also this can be done by the importers) and ofcourse if you are handy by yourself :p

fuel is the same on your side of the water. BP ultimate, SHELL V-power, and if you fill her up at an Tango or TinQ then it`s Super euro 98

also it can be usefull to sign in at a dutch forum like http://www.rhdsupra.nl because they can help you with things if you are not sure where to go

i hope that you are satisfied by my answers and if you have any questions just ask ;)

hope to see you in the near future at a meeting or somewhere else

cheers

no problem Garyafc

always glad to help

oops i almost forgot we use km/h and not mp/h

and if you are putting your supe at dutch plates then

you better ask a importer to help you getting it on 18.4plates because these are smaller

and looking far more beautiful then the normal ones

p.s where are you going to live in the NL?

Edited by InSvain
more info (see edit history)

no problem Garyafc

always glad to help

oops i almost forgot we use km/h and not mp/h

and if you are putting your supe at dutch plates then

you better ask a importer to help you getting it on 18.4plates because these are smaller

and looking far more beautiful then the normal ones

p.s where are you going to live in the NL?

Yeah we use kph in Ireland as well, so no adjustment needed there!! I agree the smaller plates will definitely look better on the front of the car.

I'm moving to Eindhoven!!:D

Little correction>18.2 plates (American plates)

You get those when you have those 2 black bumps on your rear bumper mounted, cause a dutch plate will not fit between it...

See you in Holland!!

damn i knew it

i wasn`t sure of it anymore but hey thnx buddy for the correction;)