The mkiv Supra Owners Club

blue led clock conversion

sauron

When i bought my car it had a full blue dash conversion.Unforunately the main clocks are very dim even at full light adjustment.Any ideas what i can do to improve the light intensity.Each of the dials have 3x blue leds.Was thinking of removing them and replacing for standard bulbs but worried the solder joints may not clean off properly so that new bulb fittings wont work properly

or just check the bulbs. They might still have their little green condom covers on. If they do, take them off and they will be instantly brighter.

Just read a post somehere on here re: leds in clocks.Apparently it seems that leds dont work too well in main clocks as they dont spread the light as much as a bulb they tend to be brighter but more directional.

Looking for 3x original bulb holders instead or a cheap set of clocks for an Auto

There's a thread on here somewhere where someone has used LED clusters. Basically, they're a mad looking buld with multiple LEDS in one. The pics of the before and afters speak for themselves. Putting LEDs in does involve some solder / DIY work. I'll try and find the thread.