The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHR T61 or Precision T61

ray007

Which one do you prefer? Power house racing T61 or Precision T61?

Updated on 26/06/2010 - pics added /

The turbo on the left/cleaner one is the Precision T61 turbo (undivided) and the more yellow-ish one is the PHR T61.

Both are a/r 0.70, then housing on the precision T61 looks alot better. The PHR T61 needs the seals done/rebuild.

So come on guys which one? i was thinking of going for the PHR T61 as it is divided/twin-scroll so from what im told better spool up?

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Edited by ray007 (see edit history)

The PHR one that I sold you was made by Precision :)

oh.. didnt know that .. you wont believe im actually picking up another precision t61, as im getting a really good price and its coming with the down pipes, oil lines and adapters etc. so let me know if you want to buy it back :)

oh.. didnt know that .. you wont believe im actually picking up another precision t61, as im getting a really good price and its coming with the down pipes, oil lines and adapters etc. so let me know if you want to buy it back :)

I spent the money already... just stick both on it :D

:D never! I will skint every Supra owner I speak to. It's my mission.

ive gathered that much, it was your add for the turbo that made me decide to go single and theres me already spent hundreds within a few days with the bigger expense still to come :) dont worry, you'l regret it when one day you'll see me fly past you :D

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but would a t61 precision turbo bought for a TT be different to a na-t t61? If it isn't I maybe interested in a your spare t61! :)

i think you can use any turbo for any conversion, just need the correct manifold & downpipes for it i guess, which i havent bought yet

come on guys i have both now, which one? also the PHR t61 is divided and the Precision T61 is not - does that make much difference?

I know i should use a divided manifold for the PHR turbo but can i use a divided manifold for the undivided turbo, if you know what i mean?

Is your manifold divided, if not then use the tubby with the undivided housing.

Do you know what a/r each housing is?

i havent bought the manifold yet, i have both turbos and trying to decide which to use, i dont know the a/r? any advice?

Ideally you should match the manifold and turbo housing, ie both divided or not. The divided offering better spool on a proper divided manifold, you should look at Whiffins manifolds ;)

I have used a divided PHR Stage 1 tubby with a .70 a/r on my non-divided cast manifold for a few years, its not recommended as you can get a hot spot where the tubby is divided but I cant say it doesn't work cause is has and still does.

Ideally you should match the manifold and turbo housing, ie both divided or not. The divided offering better spool on a proper divided manifold, you should look at Whiffins manifolds ;)

I have used a divided PHR Stage 1 tubby with a .70 a/r on my non-divided cast manifold for a few years, its not recommended as you can get a hot spot where the tubby is divided but I cant say it doesn't work cause is has and still does.

im actually thinking of using the undivided turbo on a divided manifold! not a good idea i gues?