The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally I'm a real member.

jme

hello.

I'm off work at the moment with a slipped disc in my lower back. So with what looks like a body builders belt on I'm very uncomfortable.

Ive posted pics of my car up before. it hasn't changed much but i can put more up to date one if you like. I'm just happy i can post on the other parts of the forum now.

hope the back improves, bloody painful, not got disc problems but have got a pulled muscle in lower back for months now, and no end of physio is helping, so got my sympathy.

saw your magazine shoot a few months back, ex soarer owner speaking :)

thanks, my backs been bad on and of for years know. dam you motocross.

Yeah i was really happy with the shoot apart from the filter they used. Made my car look a different red to what it is.

What my back or the car??

I'm guessing the car

The photo shoot went really well as we only had two days notice

before as i was going on holiday that same night.

As for whats its got its not got that much I'm still running it on the stock turbos. with a greddy spec2 running 0.8 and1.0bar

342bhp at the fly and 433nm torque

ENGINE:

* single apexi elbow downpipe and pipe.

* Aftermarket 3 Layer Radiator.

* hks Racing BOV.

* hks air induction kit.

* cooler Spark Plugs.

* Greedy 3" deep Front Mounted Intercooler and hard pipes.

* strut brace.

SUSPENSION / BRAKES / WHEELS / DRIVE

* OS Twin Plate Clutch Kit.

* Trd LSD.

* Stainless Mesh Clutch Line.

* Coilovers.

* front top arm Adjustable (jic).

* Aftermarket endless blue Brake Pads.

* Volks gtc face 2s 18 by 10 all around with 245 40 18 tyres

and front with 225 40 18ss

BODY / EXTERIOR:

* FRP Vented Bonnet.

* H I D kit.

* full body kit and carbon boot.

* black out tinted windows.

* Big gt wing with custom risers.

INTERIOR

* blitz boost gage 70mm.

* blitz boost gage 52mm.

* blitz water temp 52mm.

* blitz oil temp 52mm.

* blitz oil pres 52mm.

* Greddy spec 2 boost controller.

* Bride red side mounted seat.

* recaro Recliner for Passenger.

* momo Offset deep Steering Wheel.

* Alpine Speakers.

* large head unit.

* turbo timer.

Hi and welcome!

Great cars! They look like S15 Silvias, only nicer, obviously!

Sorry folks but this one's another epic post so please bear with me here. It's a subject that's quite close to my heart, literally!

As a fellow long-term back pain sufferer (hence my ratty mood half- ok most of the time ;-) you also have my deepest sympathy but that won't get you 'back' behind the wheel so depending on the severity of the injury I may be able to help so what was the actual diagnosis?

I ain't Jesus but I ain't stupid either and I've had chronic/ acute back pain for 23 years and it's no laughing matter, I can tell you!

From my experience, the NHS are pretty useless (bless them) and don't even believe in chiropractic. Maybe things have moved on in recent years? I can't even get an MRI and a workmate says they won't operate on him until he's crawling on all fours, speaking of which, he's just had a baby too!

A slipped disc is kind of vague and usually refers to a bulge in the annulus (steady!) from disc material or fragments pressing on the nerve root (very sore and raw, tooth drilling kind of pain in one local area) and unless you've been told not to do it, traction or inversion should and almost certainly will help A LOT but whilst relief can be immediate it takes time to regain the proper gap between the vertebrae.

The discs are apparently like sponges and absorb water when stretched and deflate when compressed.

I bought an inversion table years ago and it's the only thing keeping me out of hospital, so trust me, if it's not badly torn tissue we're talking about that needs complete rest for a while, try that maybe? It's quite amazing how effective it is, since the cause of the pain is usually compression from gravity and lifting. Inversion is supposed to be good for the brain too, though it does make you nauseous until you get used to it.

I popped mine on a calf raise machine with the full stack of 391 pounds (178 kilos) and have never been the same since, even after years of chiro. Some people can lift heavy weight without injury, others can't!

I also found a chinning bar mounted halfway up the stairs is good for regular stretching (easy access and no excuses!) but inversion is much more effective because your upper body typically weighs much more than your legs and you can hang for much longer too.

You'll gain or restore height but that's a good thing unless you're as tall as me and can only just fit in the car already!

I'm gagging to give links here and there but I don't want to get banned again for 'spamming' :D so if you're interested, I can PM them to you or even start a back pain thread, since we all get it sometimes.

Let me know how you get on and please, no comments from naysayers telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about?!!

I've also found spiritual healing highly effective in the past for muscular tension (another major cause of back pain) but gave up on it as a long-term cure for purely logistical reasons.

You might be surprised about the more 'creative' benefits of healing though if you open your third eye but for another time perhaps.........you aren't doing too badly as you are from the look of the Soarers!

Hi and welcome!

Great cars! They look like S15 Silvias, only nicer, obviously!

Sorry folks but this one's another epic post so please bear with me here. It's a subject that's quite close to my heart, literally!

As a fellow long-term back pain sufferer (hence my ratty mood half- ok most of the time ;-) you also have my deepest sympathy but that won't get you 'back' behind the wheel so depending on the severity of the injury I may be able to help so what was the actual diagnosis?

I ain't Jesus but I ain't stupid either and I've had chronic/ acute back pain for 23 years and it's no laughing matter, I can tell you!

From my experience, the NHS are pretty useless (bless them) and don't even believe in chiropractic. Maybe things have moved on in recent years? I can't even get an MRI and a workmate says they won't operate on him until he's crawling on all fours, speaking of which, he's just had a baby too!

A slipped disc is kind of vague and usually refers to a bulge in the annulus (steady!) from disc material or fragments pressing on the nerve root (very sore and raw, tooth drilling kind of pain in one local area) and unless you've been told not to do it, traction or inversion should and almost certainly will help A LOT but whilst relief can be immediate it takes time to regain the proper gap between the vertebrae.

The discs are apparently like sponges and absorb water when stretched and deflate when compressed.

I bought an inversion table years ago and it's the only thing keeping me out of hospital, so trust me, if it's not badly torn tissue we're talking about that needs complete rest for a while, try that maybe? It's quite amazing how effective it is, since the cause of the pain is usually compression from gravity and lifting. Inversion is supposed to be good for the brain too, though it does make you nauseous until you get used to it.

I popped mine on a calf raise machine with the full stack of 391 pounds (178 kilos) and have never been the same since, even after years of chiro. Some people can lift heavy weight without injury, others can't!

I also found a chinning bar mounted halfway up the stairs is good for regular stretching (easy access and no excuses!) but inversion is much more effective because your upper body typically weighs much more than your legs and you can hang for much longer too.

You'll gain or restore height but that's a good thing unless you're as tall as me and can only just fit in the car already!

I'm gagging to give links here and there but I don't want to get banned again for 'spamming' :D so if you're interested, I can PM them to you or even start a back pain thread, since we all get it sometimes.

Let me know how you get on and please, no comments from naysayers telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about?!!

I've also found spiritual healing highly effective in the past for muscular tension (another major cause of back pain) but gave up on it as a long-term cure for purely logistical reasons.

You might be surprised about the more 'creative' benefits of healing though if you open your third eye but for another time perhaps.........you aren't doing too badly as you are from the look of the Soarers!

Thanks all for the get wells. im doing ok and i even went out in the car on Saturday, 20min was my max but it was only to blow the cobwebs out. Ive had 4 MRIs last one being about 18months ago, and like you said they will not put me under the knife unless i lose the ability to sh*t or p*ss.

My back pain was from like i said in my first post, my old love motocross. i raced motocross all through my school years with offs and some broken bones as what comes with the art of learning to fly on two wheels... it was the landings that finished me off most the time:blink:

Anyway long short of it i was on a practice day at Sittingborne supercross track (no longer open:( )and i over jumped a plato and bottomed out on the flat and busted myself up. broke my lower back and my wist.

Sounds bad but i was ok. I was up on my feet and walking around as soon as i got my breath.

What i had done but wasn't aware of was id snapped the T part of the spine away from the vertebra. so my motocross boots were hug up in 2001. and from then on i have on and off sciatic nerve pain that makes my leg super weak and the pain 0 to 10.. a 9. so i have problems with the discs slipping back into the nerves. but they don't slip back again you just have to wait till the part that's slipped dissolves.