The mkiv Supra Owners Club

big camber on the back?

Lude

is the Supra supost to be cambered more in the rear?

my car looks a bit too much some how.

want them to be parralell really, as its making the wheels go to far into the arch?

can a local garage adjust this? or has something gone wrong, and i need to repalce certain parts?

no idea how to sort it really bit of a newbie in that area.

car is lowered springs & shocks, and is quite low, if that has altered anything?

and what about price are we talking to get it looking a bit more straight...

Company called "Advanced mototec" in pontllanfraith are good, took mine there a few weeks ago !

full four wheel laser alignment including camber,caster and toe . costs around £40 , but any alterations is added !

cost me £69 all in , you can tell the differance when driving ! well worth the money ;)

hi guys im from the Rhondda, south wales :)

iv just bought some new wheels, so gonna see if the offset difference will effect the camber,

will get some pics of it up when they are on there.

its only on springs, buy i dont think the car could be lowered any more! tires would rub, at the moment the tires are level with the arch lip.

just looks like a lot of camber on the back wheels, dont want the new wheels to look like they are stuck in the arches.

so its not too difficult to get rid of the camber then and get the wheels more parralell?

no there are cam adjusters, the rears on a supe are fully adjustable . its worth getting the geo done when you put the new wheels on regardless.

ah thanks mate,

i didnt know that. when i get the new wheels on, il have a play with the adjuster thing, to get em more straight.

i do fancy the geo thing tho, with tracking etc, just to have it all spot on, nice even tire wear etc.

so its possible that the previous owner has adjusted the rears quite a bit for the look isit? hope its pritty strait forward to get em back out/normal,.....

honestly mate , without alot of moneys worth of lazer aligner i wouldnt reccoment messting with the adjusters . it could end up just being dangerous.

yea iv just been searching it on here,

not something i wana just guess and see if looks right.

cars going in the garage to have some tired swapped over this week,

so il ask them what they think of it. they do tracking down there and are pritty switched on, maybe they can do camber aswel?

or isit only a geo specalist which can....

if you are going to get it done start regularly hosing down all the adjusters, nuts, bolts etc with WD40 well in advance of taking it, you will then give the garage a fighting chance of being able to do anything with it

Good advice. Will save you money as they'll charge you for the time taken having to heat up the bolts etc.

Your local 'tracking' place may not do camber but it's worth an ask. In my experience it's always worth going to a place who give you a before and after print out because otherwise who knows what they've done.

Good advice. Will save you money as they'll charge you for the time taken having to heat up the bolts etc.

Your local 'tracking' place may not do camber but it's worth an ask. In my experience it's always worth going to a place who give you a before and after print out because otherwise who knows what they've done.

Exactly , thats wot Mototec do ! well worth the money mate ;)

Example nxt page .

Edited by Dyer864 (see edit history)

its awful,

you should see the state of the tire i took off the back. shamefull.

so the stock arms are fully adjustable, and will be able to be 90 degrees again yea?

the handeling is awful at the moment, a lot more noticible since had new wheels on