The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance....no its not another one of them!

Whitesupraboy2

ok using confused and my registration being entered it picks the car up excellant!!!

Anyway it gives me choice later on of NA UK model or import.

Now if i choose UK model, would i be wrong if i could play dumb!

or choose UK and when iget the price ring up and say its a NA import does that make a difference.

it shouldnt be the wrong year as it picked all my car details up from reg correctly, but anyway, i will check when it coems back i done one for UK model and one for jap import be intersted see how much they put on for a import!!

cheers for info, currently sweet talkin the women in my life for her 25% discount for the ones she works for!! :devil:

tut tut at all of you. I just love coming back after my renewal and telling what lovely prices i got :p

Like i said hopeing to drop below a 1000 this yr on my NA which is bloody good.

If i can get this 25% discount on top of my quote then im sorted and if i told u what company ud kill me and supragal would cry and say life aint fair ;) :D

plus id have to kill u !

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

tut tut at all of you. I just love coming back after my renewal and telling what lovely prices i got :p

Like i said hopeing to drop below a 1000 this yr on my NA which is bloody good.

If i can get this 25% discount on top of my quote then im sorted and if i told u what company ud kill me and supragal would cry and say life aint fair ;) :D

plus id have to kill u !

sounds like pub talk to me :)

she gets 1 family member and 1 friend 25% discount. Only problem is im not old enough for the insurance company she works for, so she is seeing if her boss can do anything.

Im with tesco at moment for 1100 at 21 on the import NA, so i dont see below 1000 a problem?!?

*added*

i got my dad as a named driver to bring it down a bit,only problem is he thinks that means he can borrow the car

**added again**

whats the RX liek for insurance,do u get to insure it as a 1.3?? also do u tax it as a 1.3 as im pretty sure mate was telling me how post office let him tax it cheaper as document says 1.3 on it

Get that quote from tescos and input your proper model code ie sz na import and I guarantee you it will be almost double that amount chap. Tesco's use the same rego quoting system as that other place you got a quote from and that is almost definitely for a mk3. I have had this problem with tesco's myself and at the third attempt finally got my car actually insured as opposed to just having an insurance certificate with my reg on.

Tesco i am definatly insured as a mark 4 at the moment at 1100. I can 100% guarntee that looked at documents only other day for my renewal date. Remember i got my last insurance through someone i know who works for them. Am a little worried bout this not doing NA anymore under 25. As mate has left tesco insurance now :(

just out of interest try an online new quote and ensure that the model is correct one on the quote and come back to us. I only say this as I asked and was assured that I was insured as a mk4 on 2 occasions other than at my renewal and it turns out now that I wasn't. Tesco's quoting pc didn't used to have my model on it so they just used the closest thing which was a mk3. give it a try and see what it says.

will do mate, i didnt do my last quote online done it on the phone, with my mate going through it, he goes ohh its come up as a mark 3, its mark 4 aint it? i said yea, he said no problem i will change that to read the correct car, then he asked whats year mk 4 start.

Im hopeing the computer that does the automated renewals dishes mine out!!

i may have to do the tesco quote at home as im at work :innocent:

i think ull be right and it will stuff up.

Originally posted by mcanny

It picked my reg up correctly, it wasn't until the confirmation arrived in the post that I noticed the policy was for a 89>93 car :)

I've had this problem too. But if you don't put registration no in and search for car it will quote on mkiv on tesco site. The reason mine quote as mk3 on reg no was cause some numpty at Dvla decided o put MK3 on my V5 and was a right pain in the arse to sought out.

Originally posted by Supragal

I'm only playing and you all know it!! lol

WSB2- i was thinking of calling them to see if there was something that could be done seeing as it's a matter of 6 months, which sucks...

i remember when i got 2nd car it was just before i had had my license 2 yrs and the women said on the phone, when did u take ur test so i said when and she said thats ok i can put it down as having ur license 2 yrs. God knows what company so long ago now

Originally posted by outatime

How did you sort it out? Mine is down as a MKIII in their database, so I phoned up only to be told they couldn't change it and to speak to Toyota :conf:

I sent a letter to the DVLA along with a copy of the SVA certificate for the car + purchase receipt which clearly stated it was a MKIV they sent back new docs no questions asked