The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sponsor

Guest Suprastar2009

Guest Suprastar2009

The cars finally starting to get somewere and my dream of a mag featured show ho is finally rolling....However I've recently just started working (4 months now)for a company organising free international volunteering trips for underprivaliged uk youths with a view to broadening there horizons and consequently there futures.

Its a small organization theres currently 3 of us in total, before this I worked as Senior salesman at a mainstream dealer but got laid off when the credit crunch hit, I'm 24 and living with my partner in Surrey and am hoping to start university in september too broaden my future.

To say the pay cut has hit me hard is an understatement, though my current work is very rewarding it just about covers my bills and looking after me and the mrs (food etc) . But being the guy I am im determined to fulfill my dream of building this car.

I have carried alot of work myself so far with alot of elbow grease offered by friends but now I've come to a stage now were I need funding to get it to the next stage.

Because of this im looking for a sponsor for the build, I'm willing to advertise on the car and plug any potential sponsors shamelessly with any publicity I recieve :p

I have just started building a blog following the build and show attendance coverage of the Supra I've been into the car modifying scene for 7 years now and have amassed quite alot of friends that will view and spread the word of the blog so hoping to generate some publicity that way.

So any help or contacts that I anybody could suggest would be greatly appreciated. Thanks anyone who has taken the time to read this I know its long.

Edited by Suprastar2009 (see edit history)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cars finally starting to get somewere and my dream of a mag featured show ho is finally rolling....However I've recently just started working (4 months now)for a company organising free international volunteering trips for underprivaliged uk youths with a view to broadening there horizons and consequently there futures.

Its a small organization theres currently 3 of us in total, before this I worked as Senior salesman at a mainstream dealer but got laid off when the credit crunch hit, I'm 24 and living with my partner in Surrey and am hoping to start university in september too broaden my future.

To say the pay cut has hit me hard is an understatement, though my current work is very rewarding it just about covers my bills and looking after me and the mrs (food etc) [OOPS][/OOPS]. But being the guy I am im determined to fulfill my dream of building this car.

I have carried alot of work myself so far with alot of elbow grease offered by friends but now I've come to a stage now were I need funding to get it to the next stage.

Because of this im looking for a sponsor for the build, I'm willing to advertise on the car and plug any potential sponsors shamelessly with any publicity I recieve :p

I have just started building a blog following the build and show attendance coverage of the Supra I've been into the car modifying scene for 7 years now and have amassed quite alot of friends that will view and spread the word of the blog so hoping to generate some publicity that way.

So any help or contacts that I anybody could suggest would be greatly appreciated. Thanks anyone who has taken the time to read this I know its long. :)

Blimey mate, that was a mission to read - I have tried to make it easier for people....hope the above helps you generate a bit more interest - paragraphs are your friend ;)

Good luck with it mate.....

Guest Suprastar2009
Just a thought what about getting a job, save some money, save a bit more, borrow a bit.......... hang on that sounds daft your way is much better :D

I am doing all of the above aswell :p thats how ive got it were it is silly. :)

Guest Suprastar2009

I will offer any assistance I can when it comes to the build PR / Marketing / Labour (Fitting things :D) whatever is required of me. I am very passionate about this build and will put 100% of what I can into it.

Guest Suprastar2009
I helped you fit that TRD at JTS so my help has already been actioned my friend ;)

And very helpful you were dude have you got them photos ? :D

Arent you off to the states soon ?

You coming up to the Ace Cafe meet? :search:

Guest Suprastar2009

Ah well would of been good to see you, have a great time when your out there maybe catch you at one of the shows later in the season :)

Without meaning to sound harsh, after looking at your garage page, I think you are a long way from sponsorship, and the fact you go to shows doesn't make much difference unless you are on the main stands Max Power/Autoglym/etc, also generally you need to have a magazine feature promised in the pipeline.

Generally sponsorships will cost you more than there worth, for instance, if you want a sponsorship from Pioneer, you will still have to pay to buy all the equipment which will be a few thousand, all they will do is fit it in a nice build and then you have to attend the shows they tell you to, which could involve driving to Scotland or Newquey, then for the icing on the cake, if you don't do the shows(for whatever reason) your then forced to pay for the build, which aint cheap.

I have a few freinds who have been offered sponsorships, all of them have declined and say it will cost them more in the long run and there contracts t+c's are a joke.

Guest Suprastar2009
what sort of spec are you wanting, and what exactly needs doing.

Please see my garage for current spec and pics what I have in mind though.

Current wish / shopping list (Will add as I remember)

1.Driver side glass headlight

4.Oil catch tank

5.polished manifold

6.polished throttle body

7.HKS/Thor cam gears and belt

8.Plexi glass cam gear cover

9.Do-luck / Blits replacement silicon radiator hose.

10.Carbon fibre fuse box cover

11.Automatic bonnet lifters

12.Carbon Aerocatches for bonnet

13.Chromed power steering tank with braided hoses

14.Using current 2x10" hertz subs and iPaul amp have build installed subs down each side with sunken amp and lift up flap with toolkit in the centre, I want it so if you then lift out the custom toolbox you can access the rear wheel.

15.Steering wheel and boss fitting kit

16.Chrome dial rings and brushed alloy cover for the instrument and engine lights.

17.Re-sprayed dash panels

18.retrimmed standard seats doorcard and dash following engine theme of black white and metal with red highlights.

20.Greddy oil catch tank

19.NA-T conversion - awaiting info on parts

I know theres more bits too add but thats off the top of my head

if anyone can sponsor or donate any of the above work/parts, I will mark your name next to the relevant item in the list.

I am happy to put sponsor graphic on he car please pm me with any requests :)

Edited by Suprastar2009 (see edit history)

Guest Suprastar2009

Thanks for the comments guys I understand Im a little way off yet, I already have contacts within Max power as I nearly had my Golden Yaris featured before a raving crack head decided to smash his audi into the back of it and into my parents dining room (exactly 32 hours after picking it up from the body shop :()

As for travelling around with the car, thats one of the reasons I want to do it I love showing the car and getting there is half the fun :)

Call me what you will for trying this but I am an optomist, sounds clichet but I truly believe if you want something enough you can get it and I will get this car featured and shown come hell or high water.

Im not bothered wether I have one large sponsor or a collection of sposors donatees, Im hoping to use the car to promote car culture into untried markets and territories with a view to generate new interest in the modified and especially the japanese car culture.

Also sorry for my apparant ignorance but surely if Im going to modify the car anyway, even if some sponsors will only offer labour it will be cheaper than buying parts and labour? When the car is complete I will be attending every event I physically can I'm talking a show a day if there are that many, I have some solid eperience in marketing and will transfer alot of my skills into generating publicity for the car and its respective sponsors. :D