The mkiv Supra Owners Club

reeceu's first supra restoration and rebuild!

reeceu

right well here we go.

bought my supra in september 2009 as i have wanted one since i was 17 driving around in my gutless 1.2

my uncle and dad both own supras so knew the basic in's and outs of the prestigious cars! i was saving for a black n/a manual to buy myself for my 21st but my dad became ill and was going to sell his which he was about to change anyway so i thought why not make a project out of it!?!?

i managed to come to a fair price for his silver auto n/a with him, it was in a bad way to start so it was going to be a tough first project for a complete rookie like myself but was looking forward to starting it!!

the plan was to prep it all myself and get it sprayed straight black with no metallic at all, carbon accents on the exterior with orange details on the interior... well thats the plan ;)

i apologise now for the majority of photos being taken on my phone and not many pre shots but this is a quick run-down of what i had to start with.

silver patchy paintwork that had been sprayed many times judging on the quality of different panels, no bumpers or skirts but he had bought aftermarket ones (bad quality so lots of work needed!!). massive deep scratch back to metal from the bonnet, along drivers side to the edge of the rear spoiler along with plenty of car park dings and dents!!

right i know everyone loves pics so here we go and hope you enjoy it!

dodgy mould replica of a do luck front bumper, massively out along the bonnet line as well as by the wheel arches.

had to build up a lot of room to the wheel arch corner, to them skim it back down to make it a flush-ish fit!

next job was fit some oem sideskirts and remove the standard rear spoiler to make way for a half carbon trd one purchased from knight racer. also removed Ariel for a nice flowing look with no 6 foot mast out the rear:).

got the front to fit pretty well after a lot of work

got the sideskirts on, the drivers side is like new but the passenger side was battered with cracks and splits everywhere!

N.B. the weather was rubbish at this time of year and getting closer to middle of winter with hand sanding was not fun:rolleyes:!

that will do for a start, next job is the massive problem of the rear end!!

Edited by reeceu (see edit history)