The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra - iphone Pics

Matt H

I've always slated the camera on the iphone for being one of its main dissapointments (I have the 3GS), but I took some pics over the nice weekend we've had in the ground of my new place. And I have to say they look pretty half decent. Thought I would share - perhaps I've given the 3GS camera a hard deal...

A 2 megapixel camera isn't really that bad. The video camera has been most useful for me, and that's really very good, IMO.

It's just a shame you can't zoom into an image before taking the photo, as 2 megapixel enlargements really suffer.

It's because too many people don't know how to use a camera. If you zoom and crop the the image before taking the photo, the results are normally great. It's the gross 'enlargements' after the photo has been taken that show it's limitations, but that's not the camera's fault. :)

A 2 megapixel camera isn't really that bad. The video camera has been most useful for me, and that's really very good, IMO.

It's just a shame you can't zoom into an image before taking the photo, as 2 megapixel enlargements really suffer.

It's because too many people don't know how to use a camera. If you zoom and crop the the image before taking the photo, the results are normally great. It's the gross 'enlargements' after the photo has been taken that show it's limitations, but that's not the camera's fault. :)

The 3GS has a 3 mega pixel. I've found the camera suffers the most when there's little ambient light - Not just refering to night shots or in clubs etc - just simple indoor shots for example.

no engine bay shots matt. Come on what you playing at lol.

My engine bay is nothing to write home about Hodge. It's rather simple in comparrision to yours! I hope you can fit me in at some point to do mine over (after I've got some money together after my move!).

The 3GS has a 3 mega pixel. I've found the camera suffers the most when there's little ambient light - Not just refering to night shots or in clubs etc - just simple indoor shots for example.

Has it? Oh. Well, that's slightly better then! :)

I agree on the 'dusk' shots, but the new iPhone has a flash, doesn't it?

perhaps I've given the 3GS camera a hard deal...

You haven't, it's terrible, those pics you took are definitely at the better end of the spectrum. I think you're just getting used to it! My old 5 Megapixel Nokia took amazing pictures. I wish I still had it for taking pictures but my mates phone broke so I lent it to her :(

Has it? Oh. Well, that's slightly better then! :)

I agree on the 'dusk' shots, but the new iPhone has a flash, doesn't it?

The new one? 4G? I'm not sure whether it's been annouched yet?

You haven't, it's terrible, those pics you took are definitely at the better end of the spectrum. I think you're just getting used to it! My old 5 Megapixel Nokia took amazing pictures. I wish I still had it for taking pictures but my mates phone broke so I lent it to her :(

On a side note, have you recieved the carpet mate?

Looks gorgeous Matt! Still selling it or decide to stick with it now?

Cheers.

It's still for sale, but I'm not putting any effort into selling it. Simply a bog standard advert of PH. After this weekend I thought what am I doing selling it! Then I think I want a GTR. Then I just think, what will be will be :D

I'll still be doing stuff to it until the day its goes (if it does). I really, really want to see the project finished and in a mag. But that involes a full leather re-trim and some dress in the bay.

My engine bay is nothing to write home about Hodge. It's rather simple in comparrision to yours! I hope you can fit me in at some point to do mine over (after I've got some money together after my move!).

Ive always got time to make money matt And im gona have to make a lot of it if im going to get my fekking supra finished lol.

Ive always got time to make money matt And im gona have to make a lot of it if im going to get my fekking supra finished lol.

Lol, well once I've saved a few pennies up I'll be up there for a fettle :sly:

I'd love a minimal look like yours :cool: It's got to be the nicest engine bay on the site now.

PM with a rough idea of cost mate. I mean all the main stuff is there, so it would be a case of just making it look pretty.

You can always tell pictures taken with a camera phone. They just dont have the sharpness and quality of a proper camera. More than likely due to all the pocket lint that gets stuck to the lens while the camera jiggles against your genetalia.

You can always tell pictures taken with a camera phone. They just dont have the sharpness and quality of a proper camera. More than likely due to all the pocket lint that gets stuck to the lens while the camera jiggles against your genetalia.

Looking forward to the pics, sir. :D

The pics from my old erricson satio were fantastic, much better than my my SLR.