The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Badge Question

Paul

Just noticed on a few pics that many Jap specs don't seem to have the 'TOYOTA' writing badge on the left of the boot?

Have people removed them or is this a UK thing? Not on about the Supra logo or the centre toyota emblem, but the word Toyota in a stick on type of grey badge.

Paul

Ooooooooh, learn something new every day :D

I'm wondering whether to have any or some badges after respray?

If I go for badges I think I'll give this 'Toyota' wording a miss though as it's pointless and naff imo.

Cheers anyway,

Paul

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Yep gordon is correct, only the UK specs had the horrible toyota badge on the left, mines been removed. I much prefer the middle and left badge :)

'Were they ashamed of the J-Spec then?

No they obviously have taste !!!!!!!

Dude:flame Dev

Dude you arse!!!! Quoting me saying that when you knew i meant right badge!!! :flame Dev

lol

Paul bit quick off the mark there dude , the remark was directed at Mcanny (being ashamed at being J spe) i agree with you the less badges the better , prehaps you hung on to your sandwhiches longer in the playground !!!! (private joke)

Originally posted by mcanny

Were they ashamed of the J-Spec then?

Genuine comment (almost :))- when Toyota got Toyota Technocraft to build the SW20 MR2 Spider they then refused to badge it a Toyota because the roof leaked - all of them then rolled out of the factory with 2 holes in the front bumper but no badge to sit in them.

Most people just bought a badge and stuck it in though, Mr T must have been furious ;)

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/old/pics/mr2/sw20-spider/kevin2.jpg

Dude, i wasn't having a go at ya, just when you quoted me i spotted that i had put i like the middle and left badge best, when i should have put right :p

I've now edited it but you quoted my original post ya git :p ;)

CJ - I like the de-badged look but also love the Supra logo, and on my car being a bit darker you don't really get to notice them much, and they all blend in with the lights too as i have facelift ones which are grey. But on your Tango machine i'd definetly say de-badge!

Paul :thumbs:

Dude, i wasn't having a go at ya, just when you quoted me i spotted that i had put i like the middle and left badge best, when i should have put right :p

I've now edited it but you quoted my original post ya git :p ;)

CJ - I like the de-badged look but also love the Supra logo, and on my car being a bit darker you don't really get to notice them much, and they all blend in with the lights too as i have facelift ones which are grey. But on your Tango machine i'd definetly say de-badge!

Paul :thumbs:

One thing i havent tried is painting the badges body colour (not the supra badge ) !!!

Yep gordon is correct, only the UK specs had the horrible toyota badge on the left, mines been removed. I much prefer the middle and right badge :)

nice edit there paul hahahaha

horrible badge on left , mines been removed i much prefer the badge on the middle and left hehehe

Originally posted by dude

One thing i havent tried is painting the badges body colour (not the supra badge ) !!!

john if you can remember will you de-badge my badges on boot as its only a place for dirt to cling to and that oval type toyota symbol looks cack.

thanks

ps i have a chrome badge off the toyota symbol. its off a new shape corolla

wonder if they did not put the toyota name on jap cars to save weight :D

Originally posted by mcanny

Mmm.... I had a look at my UK this morning and it has no 'Toyota' badge on the left, was it something they added later?

Odd how you don't notice these things until you look - suits me though :)

Either that or someone nicked it and put it on their j-spc earlier !!!!

I've recently had my J Spec resprayed in various places and the front badge (which had snapped) was replaced with a chrome Toyota symbol. The original rears are grey plastic and I am going to replace the symbol with a chrome one to match front so I wondered if u can get the Supra logo in chrome as well. Toyota dont have them. Anybody know of aftermarket ones ?

Matt

If you look on Ebay you will occasionally see some steel ones that are intended for sticking on the back of stereo face plates like the kenwood mask ones. I have no doubt that you could bond one of them on. As an aside I had a nasty looking faded grey plastic supra badge on the back of mine and just peeled it off as it looked really poor on a red car. On a particularly warm day it almost falls off as you peel it. On a colder day pour some water from a warmed/nearly boiled kettle on it first to soften the glue.

The blue coloured toyota badges that light up like Millhouses are a bit groovy and unlike the standard badge is smooth like the Ford badges so you don't get that cack build up of polish and bug remnants in it.