The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rant: jealous b****ds

ray007

Really annoyed, parked up in tesco's car park, retuned in 20 mins to find four big scratches about a foot long right in the centre of the bonnet!!!!

A few weeks back, parked outside a shop waiting for a friend and a cyclist tries squeezing through a gap, wobbles, clippes the side of my sup and also falls onto my bonnet, then casually gets up, says 'its ok' like nothing has happened and tries cycling off. I got out the car and shouted at him to stop, he does and once again says 'its ok!' (foreigner accent). luckily the bonnet wasn't actually damaged but i then noticed a graze on the front of the bumper and deep aproxx 12-15 inch scratch on the driver side corner of the bumper, i reply to 'does this look ok to you?' . then he has the cheek to say that his bike didnt even touch my car!!!!

its things like this that prevent me from ever getting any bodywork done on my cars, on my other sup about a year ago, same thing i found a scratch all the way accross my bonnet, which was parked right outside my house, and once found the lip on once of my alloys completely damaged, literally ripped of and the wing heavily scratched, and this isnt even on a public road. a few years before i found my MR2 bumper hanging and the driver side door/wing & mirror damaged, before that i had my civic broken into 4 times in a year, no where near my house so its not always necessarily someone who knows me!!

i guess alot of jealous low life people about.

It only took 1 week from when I got my car out the bodyshop for someone to clip the rear quarter, nice little dent a few scratches.. And it's the exact place I just got a crack repaired! Also yesterday I came out to find someone had put a burning cigarette on my bonnet... Fortunately it landed on a bird cr@p so managed not to harm the paintwork.. First time I was glad a bird cr@pped on the supe :D

Yeah there is some twisted scumbags out there.

The other day i parked my supra for about 10 mins. When i came back i found a big black line along the passenger wing, mirror & door lucky enough it polished out.

Also last week i left my starlet outside the pub. When i collected it the next day someone had twisted my rear wiper around & left the metal part back on the glass.

Guest damo1

if you look around your area fella there are some companys that will come out mobile and cover up the scrathes like they never happened bud....

Sorry to hear that dude, hope you get it sorted.

I hate god damn cyclists they they shouldnt even be on the road they have no tax, insurance or mot, and they can damage your cars and there is nothing you can do about it

Nothing like stereotyping is there? :D

Guest damo1
Who are these miracle workers :search:

there's one in leeds called dent&scratch masters.. just google them in your area where you live and im sure there will be someone that does this type of repair....

Mate I feel for you. I rarely ever take mine out for fear of this sh*t happening. Me and the mrs took it to dinner the other night- I moved it twice during dinner so I could see it better when car spaces became available (we were at a restaurant 6 storeys up on the balcony- by dessert we were sitting basically on top of the Sup')... Needless to say the mrs is a little bit jealous of my car...

Mate I feel for you. I rarely ever take mine out for fear of this sh*t happening. Me and the mrs took it to dinner the other night- I moved it twice during dinner so I could see it better when car spaces became available (we were at a restaurant 6 storeys up on the balcony- by dessert we were sitting basically on top of the Sup')... Needless to say the mrs is a little bit jealous of my car...

There's me thinking i'm the only person who does this :)

Just no call for it, eh? I once chased a cyclist through south London for scratching my car at a set of lights. He of course could slip down an alley whereas I couldn't...

It makes the blood boil, I know. Hope it's not too much of a pain to square away though.