The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cars dead

TT Paul

after 3 engs lots of money blood sweat and tears my cars, getting broken up..

started of as a yellow na resprayed it put a tt lump went fine for 6mths, then the head and pistons went bought another eng this time this one smokes after lift off:( and now has elec prob which will not go away been in AFR for a while guys have been great all the way but you have to stop some where, turned out tobe one of those cars

time to get a new car a tt thats gonna serve me better so heres to the future and a new supra 2nd time lucky:d:d

its not good no, spent 20k should off been a single by now....

not what its worth as spares/repair it would be easier than breaking see how it goes. and try to get new one around 5k if possible

20k :faint:

'kin 'ell mate. Get some spares sold, add the 5k and get 98 vvti on here.

Jeez I can't remember but I know there are several very good cars around for that kind of money mate.

Can't believe the car has cost you this. :(

Fair play dude. :thumbs: What on earth was wrong with it?

Started off with a very dodgy TT conversion, then issues with some equipment fitted elsewhere, then the engine/turbo combo was pretty sick so that was changed for another but the car had loads of wiring issues that Matt has sorted out.

Started off with a very dodgy TT conversion, then issues with some equipment fitted elsewhere, then the engine/turbo combo was pretty sick so that was changed for another but the car had loads of wiring issues that Matt has sorted out.

:( Didn't know Paul went for the TT route. It's not all plain sailing is it?

I see threads for conversions all the time. This serves as a timely warning that it's very easy to get into scary cost with these motors.

Personally if I was doing a conversion of this complexity I'd have the engine et al sourced by the guys doing the work. It'd cost more but save in the overall cost.

Sorry to hear this. But the car is in good hands. They have it and I'm sure they will fix it, Sounds like they are like me (I'm not letting this beat me syndrome). Hang in there it may be worth it..

Well it WILL drive away, in fact I believe its all running now, engine sounds lovely, just smokes on over run, nothing on boost just over run.

Well that rules out alot of things but still sounds like a strip down. Are we talking lots of smoke??

Yes it was pretty bad, one thing we need to check before we go further, but the car sounds lovely and looks pretty good too if you like the gullwing door type thingy!!!!

Yes it was pretty bad, one thing we need to check before we go further, but the car sounds lovely and looks pretty good too if you like the gullwing door type thingy!!!!

Ha ha Good luck shall we say its nothing money can't fix..:D Have you said its extra to remove bad mods to a great car;)

The car is very near sorted so you may want to hold off on this Paul, either way we will prob finish it, just so we knew it didnt beat us!!!!

spoke to matt still not running its been an arse this car, its been near too many times then bang another mth goes by no car:(:(