The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just joined your club.

herbiemercman

hi everyone, i bought my mk4 supra new in 1995.it's covered 50k miles and is in superb condition. it's a black 5 speed manual, non turbo. my brother bought his supra at the same time, his is the twin turbo, black auto. currently having ecu problems with auto box / engine ecu, will post separately on this problem.?attachment http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=111380&stc=1&d=1275657988380&stc=1&d=1275657987:)

IMG_0002.jpg

my brother's car was purchased in bolton lancs, from "warranders" it had 3k on the clock, they said at the time it was probabbly one of the fastest supras in uk, it had full booster pack, huge alloys, 5 inch ss exh, and black enamelled suspension.

my car was imported from southern ireland, michael welsh, waterford. he also supplied skylines and subaru's. i visited him in 2008 and he now just carries out repairs, he said importing became a nightmare.

So.... the going rate back then. Were the TT's 45k new:blink:

yes £45k is as i remember it. a guy we knew who owned fairwood builders merchant at burscough near southport had just taken delivery of a new red one, he let my brother take it for a spin, he said it was awsome and my brother had a nearly new red mk3 at the time. the rear lights of the mk4 and the rear spoiler and the great white shark eyes at the front, we had to have one BUT not red, only black does the car max justice, they were well ahead of their time. been offered £9k for mine by the harbourmaster on the scottish island of bute.

• 2 months later...