The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offset 12 on the rear? with 9.5J?

Lude

ive been getting the ruler to my car,

ive worked out that the standard wheels can come out 38mm on the front, and 35mm on the rear

1) does that sound about right? want it to be flush with the car, not inside the arch.

using an offset calculator, http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

ive worked out that with a 9J ET25 on the front, and 9.5J ET12 on the rear calculates to bringing the wheels out that far.

does that sound ok?

I have + 12 ET with 9,5J on the rears Lude.

To be honest, if i have a decent and proper sized tyre on them soon it will stick out a few mm i think... will be going for 285/30/18 semi's

tyre on there at the mo 245 (much too small for the power im running now)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_mZNTX4tRdck/S03586VjArI/AAAAAAAACdg/yPiaLSEFYrs/s576/DSC09792.JPG

+12 on 9.5 will sit about 16mm farther out than mine which are +30 on 10.0. Mine sit snugly after an arch roll, I think you will have trouble with your offsets

thanks mate,

just when i work it out with a ruler looks like the wheel can come out loads? like 38mm further?

i dont mind cutting the inner lip (lets not go into a cutt vs roll thread please :p )

working out your rear wheel/offsets with a calculator, yours come out 26mm further than standard.

i dont want my wheels to be in the arch thats all, i want them to be flush/level with the body...

i want a nice low offset so the wheel will come to that level, but i dont want it to be taking the piss so that the tire hits the arch all the time...

whats the lowest offset youd go then? on a 9.5J 17 wheel. car is quite low look, but you can see how much further out the wheels can come.....

I have + 12 ET with 9,5J on the rears Lude.

To be honest, if i have a decent and proper sized tyre on them soon it will stick out a few mm i think... will be going for 285/30/18 semi's

tyre on there at the mo 245 (much too small for the power im running now)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_mZNTX4tRdck/S03586VjArI/AAAAAAAACdg/yPiaLSEFYrs/s576/DSC09792.JPG

YESS! :)

thanks, so there is someone! have your arches been modded?

how do you find scaping issues?

PS my Supra camber seems very angled doesnt it? car is only on springs & shocks

This is a shot of how mine fit:

285/30/18 tyres on +35 10" rims

I have no rubbing issues at all & will be fitting 295/30/18's next time

There must be some devience between different rims as if I ran +12 Advan RZ's mine would stick out a hell of a lot more than DC-A's

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

YESS! :)

thanks, so there is someone! have your arches been modded?

how do you find scaping issues?

PS my Supra camber seems very angled doesnt it? car is only on springs & shocks

no scraping issues, the car is not that low down, used to be, and sometimes touched, but it was way down then :)

Arches not rolled, flatened though. Modded and cleaned them a bit more before sprayjob last year, and should be no prob now. We just made sure the flattening was stable and rust proof and sealed.

thank you 2 for your comments, really apreciate with the pics!

both look very nice, and tbh from the pics they both look about the same, in terms of how far out they come out

i think as ET12 on a 9.5J wheel on a Supra is a bit un common,

i mite just get a ET25 on 9.5J,

see how that sits, then if thats not out far enough a 10mm spacer to see how they sit then!

sense?

I would defo run the +25 9.5, I think it will be agressive enough, & any more will only cause rubbing issues

As DC says, his car doesn't sit that low down, so you can run a more aggressive offet if you don't mind adjusting the spring rate & tyre width to suit (ie 245).

Myself, my clearance issues are more about dragging a 4" drainpipe under the car rather than wheel ones :D

yea i understand and agree.

the car is really low tbh, it doesnt look that low in the pics but it is!

its only on springs not coils, so cannot adjust it up either.

rarther get a ET25, then if its not enough, space it out a touch.

rarther than getting an ET12 and it being too much, you cant make that smaller lol

its about looking good, but last thing u want is annoying scrapes all the time.

i dont mind cutting a bit of the inner lip, so will get some pics & descriptions when got them

anyone else have any comments/advise welcome! :)