The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supra owner bad start

Guest Rit-600

Guest Rit-600

hello all

just bought a supra import singal turbo yesterday.

and half way home the car banged smoke coming out off engine and oil every were mainly at the front of the car also sprayed out of the exhaust over the rear bumper.

just wondering if any off you have had a simler problem and if its going to cost lots ???

it totaly drained its self off oil when i checked with the dip stick.

it should be going into the garage asap but i dont think theyl be able to look at it for a while.

thanks Richard

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rit-600

well it looks like the belt at the front of the engine block scatered the oil around there is a puddel of oil on the under tray right in the center at the bottom of the engine

carnt see not split hoses or anything like that it just popped and a fair bit of smoke was coming out so i pulled over straight away.

and thats pritty much it

It may just be one of those things that happens. Like Pistonbroke said though pics would help the super technically minded here. Thing is it is a big single/big spec'd car so when things go pop it isnt usually a cheap fix.... nothing on any Supra is a cheap fix really mate. Hope you get it sorted.

Guest Rit-600

yeah spoke to him

he said he diddnt know what it could be.

i supose ill just have to wait to see what the problem is and how much itl cost to sort.

Well i would hope someone here wouldnt sell a lemon to someone. Alas it seems not

is there proof to suggest that his actions were of malice, if not then I just see this as an unfortunate incident. Let's not jump to any conclusions here.