The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dyeing my carpet

Dave

pulled the carpet out and took it down the jetwash got all the muck off, wasnt going to dye it, but looking at others who have done it it looks better dyed black ,just ordered the dye £23 for 5liters ,looks like a messy job but worth it ,this is a before pic will post up an after pic when done also gonna do my mats :)

edit: the plastic covers that go over the seat bolts i first sprayed them black they looked ok but then i did this now they look better :)

Edited by Dave
pics added (see edit history)

Look forward to seeing the results. I've had the dye for about a year but haven't got round to it yet. Some of the pics I've seen of dyed carpets have looked a bit patchy.:hide:

Pics don't do it justice mate. I done my carpet a couple of month ago & was going to post up pics, but every pic i took the carpet looked patchy & a little light when in fact it is very black with no patchys.

Pics don't do it justice mate. I done my carpet a couple of month ago & was going to post up pics, but every pic i took the carpet looked patchy & a little light when in fact it is very black with no patchys.

Cool. I'll have to get my finger out and do it now the good weather's here. Marbleapple's carpet looks a bit patchy and not very black but from what you've said it sounds like it's not the easiest thing to photograph.

Cool. I'll have to get my finger out and do it now the good weather's here. Marbleapple's carpet looks a bit patchy and not very black but from what you've said it sounds like it's not the easiest thing to photograph.

You have to remember the weave of the carpet makes it look funny in the photos. It wasn't patchy at al. Had it been I would have just bought a black carpet from Kereon.

As for black I think comparing the 2 shows you how black it was.

When you do it make sure do it some where well ventilated. I done mine in the conservatory & the smell was that strong it filled the whole house :innocent:

You have to remember the weave of the carpet makes it look funny in the photos. It wasn't patchy at al. Had it been I would have just bought a black carpet from Kereon.

As for black I think comparing the 2 shows you how black it was.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/marbleapple/CIMG0268.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/marbleapple/CIMG0282.jpg

Does look really good in the car :cool:

When you do it make sure do it some where well ventilated. I done mine in the conservatory & the smell was that strong it filled the whole house :innocent:

Was planning on waiting for a dry weekend and doing it outside in the garden,. How long does it take to dry?

• 1 month later...