The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine bay cleaner

Dnk

Gunk, but not one of my favourites. Autoglym engine and machine cleaner is good, All Purpose Cleaner depending how messy it is. Lots of tooth brushes, fine wire brushes for metel. Seal it with Aerospace 303, you can either spray this on while the bay is still slightly wet, shut the bonnet and come back in 5 hours or so and it will be lovely. Or spray on, leave for 5 mins, then wipe off with a microfibre, this will also be great but a slightly more matt finish.

Watch out for water collecting on the top of the engine on the NA or it will have trouble starting.

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Autoglym engine cleaner is supposed to be the best, or so I am told. I have bought some but not got round to using it yet :) its added to my list of jobs.

I have used this on my NA and liked the results. She's due another engine clean I think.

Ive used a cold water pressure washer before with no problems but not too keen using a steam cleaner, i think dirty is better than dead.

I'll go with the elbow grease and a decent degreaser then a rinse off route.

everything , obviously dilute it down a bit for interiors , but it laughs at nicotene stained dashes and headlinings , has to be the best product i have for shifting all sorts of dirt .

plus it leaves a perfectly clean surface for whatever finishing product you like, personally if its clean thats the way it should be

give them a call , it will be in a janitorial supply shop , the place here i get it is called cater clean .

so that sort of establishment , they will be able to tell you the nearest place.

if they dont go up to you ill send you some , just the p+p might be a few quid as its 5 litres and quite heavy