The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problem with one of my Headlights

NOS

Headlamp has moisture in it.It is either got a leak with the seals at the back of the light, or the light aint breathing properly. I had this problem i drilled two small holes on the underside of the lamp to sort the problem out as my seals were spot on.

Headlamp has moisture in it.It is either got a leak with the seals at the back of the light, or the light aint breathing properly. I had this problem i drilled two small holes on the underside of the lamp to sort the problem out as my seals were spot on.

Cheers.

They're facelifts you've got Nos, I'd be trying my best to clear them and give them a refurb before giving up on them bud.

Passenger side one's the easy one to get out too (as the airbox isn't obstructing it). There's a bolt on the left which is obvious, and two nuts on the right in the wing, undo them being careful not to drop the nuts, disconnect the lamps (3 connectors, small screwdriver is handy for this too) and take it out. Get the hairdryer out and dry it out, replace the foam in the bungs at the back with new bits of sponge from the bathroom, then put it back on the car. Take care you make sure that the bulb holders are in the right way and seated properly as this could be where the condensation's coming from. Hopefully it won't come back.

Btw, did you wash the car late in the evening recently? That can trigger the condensation build up inside.

To refurb, use either Meguiar's plast-x or some metal polish (autosol, megs etc) and get buffing, or some wet and dry with plenty of water, then buff with an orbital buffer and some compound. They'll surprise you how well they'll come up.

Edited by jim (see edit history)

1 of my lights had a little condensation in it & when parked in the sun on a hot day it went alot worse. I just put it in the garage with the lights on for an hour turned it of & left it for a couple of days. It cleared up & never came back. I blamed my power washer getting water passed the seal :).

I agree though the facelifts look alot better on a white car.

Never mind Jim just pointed out you already have facelifts.

Edited by Suprab1 (see edit history)