The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The price of a fuse has killed my car.

djg99

Im very sad!! My car has died :-( i found out why my car was making a loud knocking noise, looks like a valve as possibly snapped off in the engine. Turns out a blown fuse has stopped my oil light from coming on........... and yes as no light came on i carried on driving it until there was no more oil!!!! [sAD][/sAD] so now what do i do as cant tell what damage has been done! new engine, scrap or rebuild??????

Im very sad!! My car has died :-( i found out why my car was making a loud knocking noise, looks like a valve as possibly snapped off in the engine. Turns out a blown fuse has stopped my oil light from coming on........... and yes as no light came on i carried on driving it until there was no more oil!!!! [sAD][/sAD] so now what do i do as cant tell what damage has been done! new engine, scrap or rebuild??????

Never hear of a dipstick?

You dipstick.

Sorry to hear that your car is dead.

Although I dont think you will get much sympathy on here dude, where you said

I found out why my car was making a loud knocking noise
It begs the question for just how long were you running your car with this knocking sound?

As people have said you have a dipstick to check for oil and thats the first thing i would have done if i heard the slightest strange sound.

Anyway mate i am sorry to hear your engine is dead never nice to have that happen

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

It might be just me, but whenever I start my car I watch for the lights coming on with ignition, then going off once running.

How long has it been since you serviced the car?. To lose that amount of oil in a short space of time would mean the leak would be pretty catastrophic.

It might be just me, but whenever I start my car I watch for the lights coming on with ignition, then going off once running.

How long has it been since you serviced the car?. To lose that amount of oil in a short space of time would mean the leak would be pretty catastrophic.

Ditto. I also regularly check my oil levels (It's a turbo car!!). I could never just drive around oblivious to what was going on with the car :blink: