The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Start!

Guest PerpetualZero

Guest PerpetualZero

Hey everyone, new to the Supra scene but not the toyota one ;) Currently driving a ST202 Celica but hoping to make (what I think is the logical) next step to a nice TT Supra :superman:

After loads of reading through different forums I've found this the most useful at actually explianing what I need to be looking out for and what to do next :) I reckon I will be on the hunt for a nice UK spec un-molested TT ... Is this gonna be like winning the lotto? lol.

Mark

Is this gonna be like winning the lotto? lol.

Mark

I thought that, until I saw supra-plant pull up at the Bluwater meet in his showroom condition low mileage UK car. He says the seller had it up for grabs for an age too.

Proof that they are out there.

Can I ask why you're only considering a UK car?, you can get newer, lower mileage mint Jspec.

IIRC, Jurgen can now get 2002 Jspecs into the country. They cost a pretty penny, but worth every single one of them IMO.

Guest PerpetualZero

Reason behind the UK was the difference in spec as I thought it would save me in the long run e.g. Changing to bigger spec brakes, easier when it comes to BPU'ing it and stuff like the headlights etc.

But the Celica I have just now is a Jap import so a J-spec isn't out the window altogether!

A lot of later J-specs have the bigger brakes on already. BPUing isn't that much different on a J-spec as you already know. Personally, I'd rather have a nicer condition newer lower mileage Jspec to fettle than an old UK. Facelift headlights are also nicer to look at than UK's.

Speak to Jurgen, he could probably import a car exactly to your spec already BPU'd.

Guest PerpetualZero
A lot of later J-specs have the bigger brakes on already. BPUing isn't that much different on a J-spec as you already know. Personally, I'd rather have a nicer condition newer lower mileage Jspec to fettle than an old UK. Facelift headlights are also nicer to look at than UK's.

Speak to Jurgen, he could probably import a car exactly to your spec already BPU'd.

Ahh didn't actually know that! It's gonna be later this year I'll be looking for to get one anyway so I got more time to learn haha! Thanks for the input, appreciate it :thumbs:

Oh and had a look at the videos you've got up and what can I say ... I want in lol.

Looks like an epic day/weekend at meets with the guys from here!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PerpetualZero

Sorry to revive an old welcome thread but ... I was thinking of attending Suprapod this year only thing is I wont have a Supra by then, will I still be welcome to come and drool over the others? Ha.

Reckon it would be the ideal place to get the last input I need before I decide what I'm for!

Guest PerpetualZero
Welcome mate, as said I Wouldn't disregard the jspec imports with the stuff you have said.

Yea after reading a lot more on here I've realised that the later J-Spec came with the bigger brakes etc. thought it was just the UK's :blush:

People still trying to talk me out of it with the usual "Oh it costs a fortune to run" etc. But the way I look at it is the money I will spend buying/Running a Supra for lets say a year, what would I get at a garage? A bog standard new corsa or something along those lines lol...

Guest PerpetualZero
Welcome dude, more than welcome to Tag along with me to Suprapod, i'll have some space going in my Supra.

You can let us know?

Are you serious dude? That would be amazing was planning on trundling down in the Celica but the fact I've never had the experience of being in a Supra yet that would be just :ecstatic:

Where abouts you in Scotland do you stay?

I'm actually blown away at that offer haha :thumbs: