The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just failed MOT

TopgunTT

Well i was going for my 4th year in a row of successful passes on the mot, However it was not to be as it has failed.

Nearside and offside rear suspension arm on both, Seriously corroded and weakened :(

Anyone know roughly how much these cost? I'm not expecting them to be cheap,

Cheers.

Ouch, sorry to hear that bud. Mine passed this morning, 4th year on the trot here too...

Talk about kick the man when he's down mate! :D

I'd try source a good 2nd hand set mate! Couple of breakers in the for sale section , one if the should have good arms I wouldve thought!

Talk about kick the man when he's down mate! :D

I'd try source a good 2nd hand set mate! Couple of breakers in the for sale section , one if the should have good arms I wouldve thought!

Yeah, rereading that I could have been a tad more diplomatic about it!

As above, looking for them second hand would be a good start :)

Looks like around £220 each :(

yep your right, mine failed on the ball joint....unfortunatly you cant buy it seperate from the arm....you have to buy the whole peice (although yours are corroded in this case so makes no difference). I got mine for £240 so £220 is good.

I wouldnt be going for 2nd hand when next year the rubber in the joints could go and you'll have to get another pair again.

Guest sinie

my bro works at a motor factors, and im local to you,

if you supply me with some vehicle details, and exactly which arms you need i can get you a price,

usually supplied to me at trade, so a fair bit cheaper than everywere,

let me know if its any help,

Well i was going for my 4th year in a row of successful passes on the mot, However it was not to be as it has failed.

Nearside and offside rear suspension arm on both, Seriously corroded and weakened :(

Anyone know roughly how much these cost? I'm not expecting them to be cheap,

Cheers.

Can you post a pic of the part mentioned someone , as i've 2 brand new arms , used once on car (not brand new some will say :rolleyes:) decided to change my whole rear chasis/subframe instead !! been in in my shed for over 6 mth's due to some guy telling me the cause of my cars rear end wobbling was that these were worn ! had geo set up and four wheel laser alignment and bingo !! sorted no more wobble :)

one arm measures around 15 inches (i know not metric lol:innocent: ) got R , so right hand side , with a ball joint one end and two bush openings further down ! sorry so vague , havn't got much mechanical knowledge lol :oops:

2nd arm is around 10 inches ball joint one end , bush opening other ( link arm ? )

Try and get some pics asap ! ( slight surface rust on large arm, genuinely used once and stored in shed)

£120 large arm posted (cost me near £190 posted)

£50 short arm posted ( cost me near £90 posted)

Edited by Dyer864 (see edit history)