The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend a Wax that Halfords sell

carl0s

Guest Chewy

halfrauds have got a buy one get one free on turtlewax product. I've used the clear vue wax. nice finish with no white residue. and very easy to use.

although zymol or neilsons are very good

my local Halfrauds only had Neilsons "car polish"(watery stuff - didn't mention wax) & "wash and wax", and Zymol "wash and wax" (shampoo presumably).

So I settled for some Neilsons Wash and Wax to clean it, and some of the Williams F1 carnauba enriched car polish, 'cause I beleive the Zaino brothers rate carnauba wax..

Originally posted by carl0s

my local Halfrauds only had Neilsons "car polish"(watery stuff - didn't mention wax) & "wash and wax", and Zymol "wash and wax" (shampoo presumably).

So I settled for some Neilsons Wash and Wax to clean it, and some of the Williams F1 carnauba enriched car polish, 'cause I beleive the Zaino brothers rate carnauba wax..

the williams f1 wqas a good choice. i use that on my car occasionally and it works excellent and easy to use:)

Turtle wax stuff in a flat round tin, about £6 or £8 ? Forgot the name:D

It's a paste and you get a small sponge applicator with it that you dampen with water and apply polish.

Gives a really deep thorough wax, easy to use too.

I've done Autoglym etc, not bad but p*ss thin really. Found this stuff better.

Paul

Originally posted by Paul

Turtle wax stuff in a flat round tin, about £6 or £8 ? Forgot the name:D

It's a paste and you get a small sponge applicator with it that you dampen with water and apply polish.

Gives a really deep thorough wax, easy to use too.

I've done Autoglym etc, not bad but p*ss thin really. Found this stuff better.

Paul

Bloody hell, your right - thats the pink stuff innit? black and red tin if IRC - I totally forgot about that stuff.

Use that - and let me know if they sell it. I bought some about 2 years ago and it ran out a couple of months ago - havent seen it anywhere since.

Whats the opinion on Meguiars?

Ive always gone for that as of late.

Even the car wash shampoo leaves it looking gleaming, then use "Gold Class Wax" as the wax.

Im unsure if Halfords are stocking this however....

EDIT - also used Mer which you can apply in sunlight - very good but IMHO I prefer Meguiars.

I always used autoglym silicon and then autoglym gold polish on mine with what I considered to be fantastic results.

I have just bought some Zymol which is meant to be considerably better (I will let ya know soon)

Only problem with this zymol is you don't polish in circles but in opposed lines so I can't use my polisher machine thing :eek:

• 2 years later...