The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk source for 2JZGTE engines? help

Guest supra_jay123

Guest supra_jay123

Hi there, im new to mkiv supra. hello all!

Right lets start with what i have so your familiar..

98 sz r 6 speed with 38kms on the clock.

Im after a good TT engine source for future reference when i have the funds to convert my na engine to TT.

Does anyone know a good place that regurlarly sell the TT engine and evrything i need for conversion?

Iv seen this site.. http://www.jspecauto.com

They sell japanese engines with 60 day warranty and seem to have alot of good feedback but as its overseas im a bit weary of giving them £1300 for an engine i dont know works lol. has anybody used them before or can i trust them?

Any info on my thread will be much appreciated!

Thanks guys

I know some countries wont allow in goods declared over a certain value. It is a bit hard to disguise an engine and its value. The only way to get stuff past customs is to declare low insurance value, the seller is stuffed if things go "missing", that may be why some traders won't ship out of the UK to certain counties.

Guest supra_jay123

thanks for your replies, how can i find the traders on here? so much info on here im still findin my way around,

Jamie

thanks for your replies, how can i find the traders on here? so much info on here im still findin my way around,

Jamie

the problem you'll have is that someone who might have one now may not when you are actually ready to buy one......it's rare for any trader to have/maintain stock. They get them a write off etc and sell within a week or so........

Jurgen is doing container loads from Japan where you can buy the engine (see his links) and then he just charges you for the space on the container IF he is still doing this when the time comes then that's a sure fire way of getting an engine.....as for proving it decent well that's obviously tricky :)

How much do you think this will cost you all in? have you considered just saving for a TT manual.......the prices 'should' come down to meet you as you save..........

I wrote Keron many times for different things and got 0 answers so far...

Any other who can supply engines? I am interested in VVTi one...

when mate? not had any from you?

ive not got any tt engines in atm, hoping to get new stock in soon...hopefully!