The mkiv Supra Owners Club

had my na-t mapped by 2bartuning :)

dr_jekyll

well i finalyy had my nat profesionally mapped today by ryan at 2bartuning .

i took a trip across contry to surrey rolling road and im delighted with the results.

the fuelling is now perfect. it was 14.6 at 85 all the way home and off boost the car feels far more responsive and light.

the car was retimed and mapped at just under 0.5bar or 7psi but and made 379.7 bhp and 350 ftlb of torque

the car was knocking slighly because of the poor fuel but ryan says on 99octane on the road it will make around 400bhp , and he also said that the enging is in good condition so im happy,

i wasnt expecting to see more than 340 so id call that a total result :)

top marks to ryan , top guy and i will definitely be using him again .

ill post up my graphs tomorrow :)

cheers guys, thanks to homer for pointing out what a mess my map was and prompting me to get it done , its a different car now.

that on a completely standard ge engine and 330cc stock injectors.

the clutch is ok , not fullly run in yet though but getting better.

400hp on 330's? Why do people say 430 is the max on 440's then?

They don't (or shouldn't :D ) and it's not the max BHP on them, fuel pressure amoung several other factors play a part in the injector "size" vs power discussion.

However I am a bit intrigued by the results, is the car running stock fuel pressure Craig?

The dyno graph should explain a great deal.

it had a new stock replacement fuel pump last yearbut still on the stock fpr. i was verry suprised as i was expecting low 300s , and by all acounts he said the dyno we used was known as a bit of a heart beaker.

ill put the graphs up when i have time in work tomorrow

Has anyone actually flow tested a set of 330cc injectors at 46psi ;).. They flow alot more than 330cc!!

330cc is what they flow at 38psi which is all the pressure a standard N/A reg runs at as it never goes into positive pressure. Add a Turbo to the engine and 7psi of pressure and the rising rate reg on the Supra's adds another 8psi of pressure to the rail which then makes the 330cc flow around 380cc. Same goes with the 440cc injectors on a TT when you run more boost than stock the rising rate reg add more pressure and the injectors flow more.

Hence why i have seen over 440bhp from 440cc before.

Ryan

Has anyone actually flow tested a set of 330cc injectors at 46psi ;).. They flow alot more than 330cc!!

330cc is what they flow at 38psi which is all the pressure a standard N/A reg runs at as it never goes into positive pressure. Add a Turbo to the engine and 7psi of pressure and the rising rate reg on the Supra's adds another 8psi of pressure to the rail which then makes the 330cc flow around 380cc. Same goes with the 440cc injectors on a TT when you run more boost than stock the rising rate reg add more pressure and the injectors flow more.

Hence why i have seen over 440bhp from 440cc before.

Ryan

I had a long with Pete Betts about this a few years ago when I was messing around trying to supercharge my NA and he said exactly the same.

Stock rail pressure of say 30 PSI, add 10 PSI boost, rail pressure goes to 40PSI via the reg, but the injector is seeing 10 pounds above atmo in the intake, so actual differential pressure at the nozzles is the same, thus flow rate is same as at atmo. Only by raising static rail pressure from X to Y PSI will flow change under boost or at atmo. Every TT reg I have tested has a 1:1 pressure ratio, do the N/A's have rising rate?

Stock rail pressure of say 30 PSI, add 10 PSI boost, rail pressure goes to 40PSI via the reg, but the injector is seeing 10 pounds above atmo in the intake, so actual differential pressure at the nozzles is the same, thus flow rate is same as at atmo. Only by raising static rail pressure from X to Y PSI will flow change under boost or at atmo. Every TT reg I have tested has a 1:1 pressure ratio, do the N/A's have rising rate?

I see exactly what you are saying re the intake presure being proportional. I seem to recall that I was told I would need a different FPR to provide the rising rate.