The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some wide wheels!

JamieP

With my new power im struggling with grip big time, even when i think its not wheel spinning i look in the rear view and its drawing huge number 11's in 3rd and 4th gear.

I like the advans but 10" wide is the biggest they come in, thinking about some CCW Classics, 18x10 front and 17x11.5 rear, go with some 315 tyres, what you think? or any other wide wheel suggestions?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah thats a option, would have to 18" max, 12" wide with a 50 offset fits a stock rear body i think, i did see you today btw.

:D wasnt sure if you'd notice me in my pimpmobile!!

For me those trafficstars were perfect, loads of lip and all the looks. The ones Lee's now got are very nice too.

U can always whip them 17's on for competing :)

R888 do a 315/30/18 that will work well i think, Might see if i can find a company that will band my advans.

I thought your 295 would be fine.

The power of your Supe must be awesome .. loss of traction even in 4th gear :blink:

Go for some BF Goodrich G-Force TA at the rear :)

Im on 285's. got to be real careful now, if im not 100% on the ball the car keeps trying to kill me.

I thought your 295 would be fine.

The power of your Supe must be awesome .. loss of traction even in 4th gear :blink:

Go for some BF Goodrich G-Force TA at the rear :)

:yeahthat:

Not thought of some ET streets before investing in new wheels?

18" et streets might be a good option but they are loads of money and will only last 2 min i suspect, and are they really road legal? they are not E marked.

I'm pretty sure you'll win the battle ;)

Lets hope so:D

Whats your budget J?

Not stuck to a budget mate.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

18" et streets might be a good option but they are loads of money and will only last 2 min i suspect, and are they really road legal? they are not E marked.

Lets hope so:D

Not stuck to a budget mate.

Been reading a load on SF today & they say not to mix ET streets (the bias ply ones) with radials up front. Reason is that the soft side walls of the streets means the rear end wanders a little, the fronts don't & you end up correcting it all the time. It's safer to have bias ply up front so the whole car wanders the same front & rear. There was one post inparticular I found which summed it all up pretty well, I will find it

Try this thread http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503211

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

Classic's rock, tis such a shame they don't even clear UK spec brakes,

Pretty sure the LM20's even need a spacer to clear UKs IIRC

Nothing in the Volk range? They seem to cater for the wider rear rim, TE37 or CE28n?

Yup classics are out mate, getting my advans banded is now top of my list and run R888 315/30/18's, gonna do some research:)

Been reading a load on SF today & they say not to mix ET streets (the bias ply ones) with radials up front. Reason is that the soft side walls of the streets means the rear end wanders a little, the fronts don't & you end up correcting it all the time. It's safer to have bias ply up front so the whole car wanders the same front & rear. There was one post inparticular I found which summed it all up pretty well, I will find it

Try this thread http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503211

Yeah i read that, never noticed anything wrong when i had my et streets on the rear tbh.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Yup classics are out mate, getting my advans banded is now top of my list and run R888 315/30/18's, gonna do some research:)

It'd be a shame to lose the Advans as IMHO one of the best wheels for the Supra.

Do you think being able to run 315's on 18" will be enough, would 17" 315's not be even better?

It'd be a shame to lose the Advans as IMHO one of the best wheels for the Supra.

Do you think being able to run 315's on 18" will be enough, would 17" 315's not be even better?

Im going to talk with a engineering firm i use tomorrow, im confident he can cut my wheels in half and weld another inch or so in them, i have some other 18" wheels here he could cut up to get a spacer from, gonna measure up what clearance i have on the inside of the wheel and go from there.