The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice wanted.

Guest dozer

Guest dozer

i am looking to buy a new car as my good old mk2 mondeo is not worth keeping due to rust spots etc and i have always wanted a supra. i have seen a mk4 n/a m reg supra that i can afford and was just wondering if anyone knows any info on the mpg. i drive about 60 miles round trip every day and just wanted to see if a supra would be financially acceptable.

thanx for any help

Welcome

I guess others will say if your bothered about fuel a Supra is not for you!!

For 60 miles I guess your looking around 12/13 quid a day 60 quid per week. Thats just a guestimate but cant be far off

Based on a fiver a gallon and 22 - 25 ish mpg if driving slow and not booting it

Guest dozer

yeah £1.13 at local asda its normally like 1 or 2p below the average anyway.

i hate chavs, i get called a chav at work cos i wear a hoody, i hate chavs i wear a hoody to stop my tops hetting messd up at work. and i have no idea y they spend like £3000 trying to get there corsas looking like poo and trying to get a 0-60 time less that 14secs when they should just go and buy a good car for that.

no link but its gunna cost £2995 its red non turbo and m reg, 109000 on the clock, taxed and 12 months mot.

Guest jdwals

Before my Supra got written off in a flood I was doing those kinda miles in my one - '93 N/A manual. 35 miles each way, mostly motorway and it was a terrible idea.

I was struggling to get near 300 miles from a tank.

It was costing me a small fortune in petrol and taking all the enjoyment out of the car. It's not just fuel as well, you gotta factor in the increased wear and tear on tyres and parts too.

Honestly I would not recommend this. A Supra is a great car but it is not a great car for everyday commuting.

If you have access to another car (After two weeks of this I had swapped over to my fiancee's Mazda 3) that you can use for the long drives then you could use the Supra the odd time but if it is your only car and you need to drive to work I would say get something more suited to those kinda miles.