The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel offset

Ricky49

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 50 offset is stock, the lower the number the more aggressive and further they stick out mate.

most aftermarket supra alloys come in 35 :)

depends on how wide you go as to what offset is best, and how aggressive you want the look...

Hi Guys

I havnt got a clue so can someone shed some light on this for me.

How do you know what offset you need for your wheels? Is the higher the offset number the more aggressive look.

Thanks

Lower the number the more aggressive, there is a good thread on supraforum that i read, helped me work out whats what with supra offsets, i will try and dig it out for you

Thanks guys much appreciated.

I have some Ultralite Hiakari 8.5 fronts 9.5 rears 35 offset. But I'm not to sure if I like the black wheel with a chrome lip on a silver car.

Really liking the BBS CH so thinking of getting the and selling the UL before they come out the box.

What's wrong with your current wheels they look great?

The calculator link below allows you to compare widths and offsets, if you know your current widths and offsets then you can compare them to the new wheels.

You have the larger brakes fitted on the front (can't see rears), so make sure what ever wheels you go for they'll clear the brake calipers.

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

What's wrong with your current wheels they look great?

The calculator link below allows you to compare widths and offsets, if you know your current widths and offsets then you can compare them to the new wheels.

You have the larger brakes fitted on the front (can't see rears), so make sure what ever wheels you go for they'll clear the brake calipers.

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

Cheers Nic. Kerbs are what wrong with my current alloys well kerbs and me trying to park.

Also with going single I want something wider around 10-10.5''.

Also bear in mind that changing the offset away from stock will change the cars handling in a negative manner. Especially the front wheels. People in the US usually happily sacrifice handling for looks going extremely agressive, but you need to decide for yourself. Lower offset will also affect bearings with more wear.

Also bear in mind that changing the offset away from stock will change the cars handling in a negative manner. Especially the front wheels. People in the US usually happily sacrifice handling for looks going extremely agressive, but you need to decide for yourself. Lower offset will also affect bearings with more wear.

I hear this all the time and having owned and driven many supras i think its a load of rubbish tbh, the only time i have noticed poor handling is when they have been cheap heavy 19's with rubbish tyres.

As for bearing failure that to is exaggerated imo.

I hear this all the time and having owned and driven many supras i think its a load of rubbish tbh, the only time i have noticed poor handling is when they have been cheap heavy 19's with rubbish tyres.

As for bearing failure that to is exaggerated imo.

I've not driven a supra with cheap heavy 19's and rubbish tyres on it but will agree on all the above.

No bearing or handling problems on my car with very expensive wheels & tyres:)

19x10 fronts & 19x11.5 rears

and they've been on my car for way over 40,000 miles ;)

A trip to wheels in motion will set the car up perfect for ypu Rick once you've finished adding all the bits anyway :)

Yes mate that will be the first port of call when done. There is no more adding of bits now till next year.

Something like 9 front 10-11 rear.

11" rears will be nice, wider the better on a single.

Yeah me too i think on the fuelling - apparently essential when going from 650ish to 700+ .... doesnt sound cheap though!!!

My stock fuel system seemed to max out at about 630-650bhp.

Sorry Ricky for slight hijack

guys i am looking at buying a set of summer alloys something like a advan rs or volk gt in 18inch.

my question is what is the best size ie offset ....width of wheel front and back , on a stock body.

Thanks Darron

Sorry Ricky for slight hijack

guys i am looking at buying a set of summer alloys something like a advan rs or volk gt in 18inch.

my question is what is the best size ie offset ....width of wheel front and back , on a stock body.

Thanks Darron

Mine are:-

Front 9x18 +35

Rear 10x18 +35

But you will need to trim/roll the rear arch for them, if you dont want to trim the arch go with something like a 45 or 50 offset.

My stock fuel system seemed to max out at about 630-650bhp.

Yeah had a chat with Lee about that and he mentioned it happned on yours mate.

havent even looked into the whole new fuelling system yet but at least its good to know what the max is to expect!!

.... and yeah 11" rears FTW Rick!! :D

Yeah had a chat with Lee about that and he mentioned it happned on yours mate.

havent even looked into the whole new fuelling system yet but at least its good to know what the max is to expect!!

.... and yeah 11" rears FTW Rick!! :D

I was on a stock fpr, if you just fit an adjustable fpr and up the pressure a bit you might get a bit more on the stock lines.