The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please please help

Guest bennyvader

Guest bennyvader

hello chaps , i love my supra but all i get is problems. like any rz owner ive tried to squeeze more bhp from my twins. i was advised to get the fueling and ignition crisp first, so after a walbro fuel pump ,regulator and a set of injectors and hks fuel rail from whifbitz

(the injectors were the wrong spray pattern we discovered after many pounds of labour, testing and tuning). evo ones replaced them.

a sweet grand or so on an AEM plug and play ecu hosted yet more trouble and £££££££££££s the stock coils couldnt handle the twin spark of the aem so i spent more££££££££s on a hks dli amplifier and a set of twin spark coils and still no joy.

finally 7 months later a FORD MONDEO coil got it running, however turbo no1 shat itself and the intercooler pipe gets very hot.

it still hasnt been dyno'd but ive driven it and im sure it was better stock. now i'm torn between rebuilding the stock ct20 housings with t28 internals or switching to a single turbo.

before i do any more would someone PLEASE advise me what to do with all this junk. ive wreaked a lovly car.[ANGRY][/ANGRY]

hello chaps , i love my supra but all i get is problems. like any rz owner ive tried to squeeze more bhp from my twins.

I was advised to get the fueling and ignition crisp first, so after a walbro fuel pump ,regulator and a set of injectors and hks fuel rail from whifbitz

(the injectors were the wrong spray pattern we discovered after many pounds of labour, testing and tuning). evo ones replaced them.

A sweet grand or so on an AEM plug and play ecu hosted yet more trouble and £££££££££££s the stock coils couldnt handle the twin spark of the aem so i spent more££££££££s on a hks dli amplifier and a set of twin spark coils and still no joy.

Finally 7 months later a FORD MONDEO coil got it running, however turbo no1 shat itself and the intercooler pipe gets very hot.

it still hasnt been dyno'd but ive driven it and im sure it was better stock. now i'm torn between rebuilding the stock ct20 housings with t28 internals or switching to a single turbo.

Before i do any more would someone PLEASE advise me what to do with all this junk. ive wreaked a lovly car.[ANGRY][/ANGRY]

There that makes for easy reading

Wow,

A few interesting ways of doing the conversion....

In order to make the changes, it really should be planned out. Given that you have a standalone and fuel system it will probably be as easy to go single.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the wrong spray pattern on the injectors, which ones were used, as there are plenty that fit without having to go retro(bodge) fit.

Definitely sounds like you have done it the hard way though :(

Where does the ford mondeo coil come in? Who has done all this work because it justs sounds like it is lots of the wrong parts made to fit. (well sort of)

AEM and dli is usually a known thing, so it would indicate your tuner hasn't research his product fully. (By twin spark I am assuming you mean wasted spark)

What do you mean it hasn't been dynoed, what map was put on the AEM??

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

Still confused over the whole coil thing...

Wasted spark is only on two spark plugs. So you should still have at least 3 coil packs... If I'm reading this even half right, it sounds like you have removed the coil on plug units are replaced with something else... :search:

The AEM in wasted spark config should still have 3 channels for the ignition.

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

Perhaps if you stripped off all the add-ons and went back to being totally stock, you could then pin point any existing problems before doing any upgrades.

There are breakers on here that could supply you with parts that shouldn't break the bank.

As for selling it, it sounds like its so bodged no one would touch it. At least if you returned it to stock condition you would be able to sell it and get some of you money back.

Chin up, these cars can be full of problems, rarely just one thing at a time. Be persitant, it will work out ;)

All the best

Guest Budz86

My advice to you before you even think about going any further is spend a lot of time reading and researching the information on this forum. The project section is probably a good place to start as there are some very well documented cars, with parts list's and reason's for those choices.

Then, once you have decided on the direction you want to take, contact one of the tuners recommended on here and get them to do the work for you - there is a reason they are all so highly rated! They know these cars inside out and will give you honest advice based on what you want from the car, whether that be fast street, drift, track, drag etc.

Sounds like you've had a hard time up to now, and ownership will test you. But if it didn't, where's the sense of achievement when you finally end up with (IMO) one of the best and most reliable machines on the road!

Good luck with it all, hope you decide to keep it!

seems to be a lot of questions asked by members to help but just ignored with short replys. the origional write up doesnt make sense and the bodged mods seem rediculous? is this genuine?

whos the garage?

I would be inclined to totally ignore whoever advised you to buy and do all the mods you have and find somebody who actually knows Supras.

But yes as said, take off all the mods, and return to std, there is no reason to change the injectors on a BPU car unless you are running hybrid turbos.