The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a word!

Morpheus

Ok, my first (actually second now) post and it's now a RANT!

I just got logged out before I could submit my first post FFS!

Not a good start!

Ok, to recap, hi all and here's a link to the only online photo of my 'new' Supra, since it seems we can't even upload pics from file.

Sort it out someone!?

Rant over! :tongue:

Dave Lovatt, Hemel Hempstead

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3856678

Edited by Morpheus
Typo (see edit history)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys and thanks for the advice and compliments, I think. I'll soon learn the ropes though.

Not being moody (much :innocent:) but I hate it when I compose something and forget to copy it before posting and get timed out. I did copy the text to clipboard but then over-wrote it with the link to Cardomain for the photo!

I'll look out for the paperclip, thanks...........oh yes, found it, cool......pics below then.....errr, somewhere....

Oh yes, I use a lot of exclaimation marks too!!! Sometimes for no apparent reason!!!!:blink:

I did post the three pics off of the Pistonheads advert to Cardomain but they haven't gotten round to displaying them so if they don't appear here somewhere, I messed it up again. I also did a short write-up (for me anyway) comparing my impressions of the MKIV to the MKIII, two of the latter I previously owned since Dec. '99. Just hasn't been displayed for some reason on Cardomain site. Normally goes straight on.

I trawled through maybe a hundred or more Supras on Pistonheads and saw this one and thought that all things considered, it looked like the best one for the money. Not to everyone's taste I'm sure but what is? Wasn't bothered about a turbo this time as I'll do a conversion later if I can be bothered and it's fast enough as it is. Also has KYB coilovers and corners on rails, as they say.

Got a full set of Powerflex bushes and big plans, just no money! Still, plenty of equity in the house :D

I paid £6150 and it's a '93 NA auto import but does have a raft of 'cosmetic enhancements' like the full Bomex kit, (unless it's a copy, of course), including a very large but unique spoiler ($390 from Bomex) and sounds awesome now that I've changed the air filter to one that can breathe and doesn't have a 3 inch hole in it because it was clogged so completely that it just imploded!

Will probably find it in the intake manifold or exhaust eventually. Hmmm, might be why it's misfiring slightly....probably got filter gauze wrapped round a valve stem!

There's a 3" stainless cold-air pipe right down to the front bumper cover which sucks like a vacuum cleaner so I'll limit wet driving. Hint, if your auto box won't downshift in drive properly, try a better flowing filter as it sorted mine out. Ebay have some for only a tenner delivered that have a double cone design and they are unreal value. Proper quality too - I bought 4 more as future replacements!

Full write-up and pics will follow but don't hold your breath anyone, as I'm busy preparing the garden for a 4x3m workshop for my GMC Typhoon engine rebuild (4.3 V6 with 20G turbo at moment), then the Supra NA-T job in a couple of years or so.

I bought a fairly decent benchtop milling machine and once set up in a few months, will be able to offer custom parts or repairs etc, to anyone interested, maybe porting work as the Typhoon is getting the full treatment, then the Supra, naturally!

I'll see how many horses I can get out of the 2JZGE before boosting it, then Nurburgring, here we come!!

1500611-1.jpg

1500611-2.jpg

1500611-3.jpg

Over £6k for an N/A Auto? Ouch! I'm guessing the value is how well you look at it.

You won't get much extra bhp out of an N/A mate. I'll look into an NA-TT conversion if you are looking for any upgrade from what you have now.

Welcome to the club. :)

(And that's a mighty big spoiler you have there)

Yeah, OUCH but you haven't seen the interior, not that it's worth much now but I was assured (ahem..) that 18K was spent on mods!

The photo makes the spoiler look bigger than it is from behind. Depends on the camera lense I spose. I'll take some decent ones next timeI get her out of the garage and change the lights. Got UK glass heads and facelift tails, all new so will have a full set for sale soon on ebay.

Not been looked after as well as I'd like and stinks of fags (bleauurrr!!!) but that reminds me, I have one more photo with the door open and the previous owner standing next to it looking smug, though he never registered it in his name but that's another story!

Let's see if I can find it on the laptop.......nope, sorry!