The mkiv Supra Owners Club

112mph PROBLEM please help

Guest Boxstandard

Guest Boxstandard

Hi there , I've just bought a N/A Supra and to my dissapointment its restricted to 112mph, the guy I bought it off gave me this little black chip thing with 5 wires coming out of it, which is ment to derestrict it.

Does any body know where and how to wire it in? Please

Most of the delimiters in the Market don't work properly with the supra as I have checke a few of them until I went and bought one of Thor and all problems were solved :)

the one comes from Thor has an extra wire who've needs to be connected to the ecu, don't remember what colour wire it was but I'm remembering sething like pink :D

Throw it in the bin! I got a so called delimiter chip when i bought my car and it was rubbish goto JM Imports they`ll fit you a proper bit of kit which converts your clocks, odo meter and delimits you car its quick for them to fit and works perfectly!

The chap is based in Devon so a bit of a trek i'd guess.

On the plus side you know its not been ragged higher than that.

I've never understood this comment, surely most cars are thrashed around under 100 mph so it makes no differance in my opinion.

Most damage is done by not warming the car up and letting it cool down properly and not say driving it at 112 mph or more unless ofcourse your in the wrong gear at these speeds and revving the nuts off it.

You'll do this far more at lower speeds as you go through the gears;)

I've never understood this comment, surely most cars are thrashed around under 100 mph so it makes no differance in my opinion.

Most damage is done by not warming the car up and letting it cool down properly and not say driving it at 112 mph or more unless ofcourse your in the wrong gear at these speeds and revving the nuts off it.

You'll do this far more at lower speeds as you go through the gears;)

Thats why i said higher than that lol.