The mkiv Supra Owners Club

value for my supra

Rob_Mitchell

Hey guys not really looking to sell at the moment but would like a rough price on what my car might be worth for insurance purposes, i have spent a small fortune on the car and realise if i was to sell i could sell parts individually (engine bling).

whats your views on what it could be worth? many thanks rob

pictures in 'my garage'

Problem is your car is worth more in bits mate.

Your seats and boot mat,engine bling roll bar ect.

Thats why im happy mine owes me so little you hardly ever get back what you spend

gay aint it, the more i think about selling the more i cant force myself to do it lol.... im keeping her :cool: loads more money to throw at it

Thing is with that, if you could spend, say, 2k transforming a car either visually or for performance and sell it on for a lot more than that, everyone would be into it like with property development.

I think the point of "doing up" a car isn't to make money, but to personalise it for what YOU want. You'll never get the return you expect or perhaps even deserve financially if you were to sell it on, but you get the beauty of a project and hours of fun reaping the benefits of what you have done.

My ten pence anyway!

yeah totally agree with you george, my car is not to everyones taste but like you said its how i want it and was built to help advertise my company. screw it im keeping it, begining of the week i lost the love but everytime i look at the car and drive it i like it again.

engine project in the works me thinks

gay aint it, the more i think about selling the more i cant force myself to do it lol.... im keeping her :cool: loads more money to throw at it

Indeed, yours like mine is a rare case where its worth dumping a TT engine into it. Saying that what a waste of all that bling.

NA/T is the way forward.

Indeed, yours like mine is a rare case where its worth dumping a TT engine into it. Saying that what a waste of all that bling.

NA/T is the way forward.

been onto whiffbitz and i think thats where the car is heading, na-t for me a bit later in the year.

then more chrome bits :eyebrows:

That's more like it, mate! I seem to recall you threatening a TT transplant, weren't you?

:eyebrows:

yeah but nothing around at the moment, the prospect of going na-t will do me to be honest im not after huge bhp and its something different plus not many people have cracked it correctly.... oh plus the chrome cost a small fortune too so want to keep it :cool: