The mkiv Supra Owners Club

volk challenge

flyby

Hi all

I got at set of 18" volk challenge from at supra. Add new tires. But when i wend to put it on the supra thay font fitt.

I got a UK, and i got form a jspec. 18X9,5 ET45

I try whit a 10mm spacer, but the weehl nuts wont hold on the studs.

I got 3 options as I see it.

1: ad 10mm spacer, drill studs holes bigger on then rims, and use volk bolds (see picture). Is it possible?

2: Ad 10mm spacers, whit LONGER WHEELSTUDS, but get big problems at MOT.

3: Buy others again.

4: Buy Jspec. breaks... NOT! :p

Any ideas ?

gtc_av3_locks-.jpg

Is there a possibility of sending the wheels back for ones that will fit? If not I would look into using the volk studs with a 10mm spacer, swampy is right, you shouldn't need longer studs with 10mm spacers, I ran them for a few years without using different studs...

Is there a possibility of sending the wheels back for ones that will fit? If not I would look into using the volk studs with a 10mm spacer, swampy is right, you shouldn't need longer studs with 10mm spacers, I ran them for a few years without using different studs...

Thay are used rims.

If you use those spacers you will have a disaster waiting to happen, there's no means of centralising the wheel or for the hub to take wheel loads other than through the studs. Sell the wheels and buy proper ones that fit without spacers or extended studs. I just can't believe what people do to fit a rim that's plainly incorrect for the set up.

please come down Chris.

those spaceres is for testing what im needing.

"...just can't believe what people do to..."

well not everyone have a money tree in there garden. I like Volk challange rims, and I finaly got som nice 18". (There shoud fit a SUPRA )I got some good tires on them. And when i wourld fitt the, disaster, they did not fit.

I can tell you, my first response was not, "Fuck that £930 i just spend on some used Volk rims, and new tires, i sale the wheel at the price i can cet (£600?), and buy new once.

That why im looking into spacers.