The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Basingstoke Meet This Saturday - Come On People

shaf

OK, there's a few places we can hit in Basingstoke on the weekend. So im thinking we all meet up at 7pm at the Leisure Centre cos it has a huuuge car park and move on to where ever the mood takes us.

I will be checking out venues over the course of the week and keep you guys updated.

Come on people, lets make this happen.

I will put down a few names to get us started:

1. Oxyqueen

2. Si aka Greenfleece

3. Shaf

4. Ash Willis (... if he would only answer his phone) :p

Ahhhhhh, bugger, Im working Sat night, so have to get the 18:30 train. So I can make or be anywhere in the afternoon, if you guys want to still the B/Stoke meet in the evening, then I'll just do the Bournmouth meet in the afternoon.

1. Oxyqueen

2. Si aka Greenfleece

3. Shaf

4. Ash Willis (... if he would only answer his phone)

5. leett (...maybe)

6. Millhouse

7. Barry (another maybe..)

Might pop along to this one, let the old girl stretch her legs, its been a while!

Not been to Basingstoke for about 10 years now, had a g/f there back in 92! ahhhh, memories!!! :looney: :blink:

Originally posted by shaf

basingstoke has changed a lot since 92 mate. you wouldnt recognise it :D

Yeah!?

I remember going up the Cinema and to the skating rink at the weekends. I think the name of the road she lived in was cumberland avenue, or something like that. Just off a roundabout with some pizza place on it, also near the footy ground I think.?!

Might have to pop along to see what its all about now!!! :D

Yep I was hit by romance in Basingstoke once a pon a time.....its a very romantic place lol.

:D

You wont recognise most of it, they ripped the naff bit in the middle out and put all these trendy bars and cafes there...its well good.

:cool:

Basingstoke is the Restaurant at the End of the Universe these days.

:innocent:

I met her in Bournmouth, all she knew was my name and she ended up tracking me down by going to the library and looking through the phone book in the area I lived at the time, and just started phoning! Funny thing was, when she phoned, I had my current g/f round my house, needless to say it didn't go down too well with her and we split up about 30 seconds after she phoned, her storming out of the house!! :D Was with the Basingstoke bird for about a year, then she dumped me, the cow! :( Ahh, to be 19 again!!!! :D :cool:

Sorry for the story! :D

Originally posted by Green Peace

You wont recognise most of it, they ripped the naff bit in the middle out and put all these trendy bars and cafes there...its well good.

i worked on the new shopping centre for a year, putting in all the lights under the canopy, in the ground and in the towers :thumbs:

Originally posted by millhouse

i worked on the new shopping centre for a year, putting in all the lights under the canopy, in the ground and in the towers :thumbs:

no wonder they never work properly hehehehe :p

ok guys. final plan. be at basingstoke for 7pm. we are going to meet at the leisure park. it is sign posted as soon as you enter basingstoke and cant be missed as it has a huuuge mega bowl, warner bros cinema, pizza hut, mc'ds, ice rink and a few other things and it is opposite a dual carriageway where there is a vauxhall garage.

at the bottom of the complex is a travel inn and a pub called the spruce goose. we will be gathering in the travel inn/ spruce goose car park.

see you guys there :)

Originally posted by shaf

ok guys. final plan. be at basingstoke for 7pm. we are going to meet at the leisure park. it is sign posted as soon as you enter basingstoke and cant be missed as it has a huuuge mega bowl, warner bros cinema, pizza hut, mc'ds, ice rink and a few other things and it is opposite a dual carriageway where there is a vauxhall garage.

at the bottom of the complex is a travel inn and a pub called the spruce goose. we will be gathering in the travel inn/ spruce goose car park.

see you guys there :)

how funny, first ever supras.co.uk meet (ie first proper supra meet in the UK ever) was at that pub and leisure park. We then went up to the retail park for a bit and ended up back at the pub for the evening.

JB