The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyones insurance up for renewal??

Supragal

If anyones looking at the moment I suggest you call these guys: Liverpool Victoria. Speak to Kevin Radford on 0800 608 608 x 5182 and tell him we sent you...

I, sadly am 6 months too young to get insured but I got him to run through a quote for STOX on my car (he's 25) and it was £1200, all in and you DO NO have to declare your mods as mentioned.

I am totally gutted however :(

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Supragal

If anyones looking at the moment I suggest you call these guys: Liverpool Victoria. Speak to Kevin Radford on 0800 608 608 x 5182 and tell him we sent you...

I, sadly am 6 months too young to get insured but I got him to run through a quote for STOX on my car (he's 25) and it was £1200, all in and you DO NO have to declare your mods as mentioned.

I am totally gutted however :(

Can they put you as a named driver?

Yep my insurance is due for renewal at the end of June so will be using mcannys list and see what happens :)

Have LV changed their tel number recently, I've just looked at mcannys list and their tel number ends in 514 514 ?

bit odd that they didn't quote mcanny for being under 30 though :conf:

Odd isn't the word for it, damn annoying is a bit closer!

Must be a UK thing although I have no idea why they would insure a 25 year old on a modded GZ and not consider a 27 year old on a mildly modded UK though.

All they said to me was that "the system" wouldn't allow them to quote me, I love computers :)

Rosie hope you don't take this the wrong way but Liverpool Victoria sound like the best bet for you due to your extensive external modifications;)

But if you 25 in 6 months that's about when the car should be finished isn't it? That sounds perfect to me or am I missing something?

Originally posted by toyotasuprauk

But if you 25 in 6 months that's about when the car should be finished isn't it? That sounds perfect to me or am I missing something?

PMSL! That's exactly what I was about to write. :D (Now run for cover dude!)

Actually forgot to mention- names drivers are free if it's your partner, another selling point.

Faye- As long as they're over 25 :mad:

Thats a shame, but potentially very good for me on renewal next year. At least my policy runs out after my 25th birthday, but knowing my luck they won't do the SZ!!!

Faye- you give them your reg, if their comp pulls it up then they'll quote you. i dunno what happens if you've just changed the plate though. mine came up as a 2003 car, i explained that it was imported in 2003- not sure what the outcome was. irrelevant though.

i'm not sure if you're taking the mickey or not!! it will be sooner than 6 months, although, if not then it'll be ideal

OK can someone please help me out here, I'm losing my sanity!

I just tried to call Kevin but he's not logged into the phone system at the moment, instead I got his colleague Colette.

I explained the mystery of me not being able to get a quote on a Supra but that others could and we tried various quotes, for UK and J-Spec cars, each time I was rejected for being under 30.

She refuses to believe me that people are getting quotes on the Supra because the system won't allow her to quote under 30's.

So she's asked for someone who has a quote or policy with them already to call her on extension 5516 to run through a quote to see what she and the other people are missing.

Can someone please do the honours and report back asap? I really want to be insured with a company like this and my policy runs out on Wednesday :(

If we can nail this one it opens up the door for everyone to get this cheaper insurance!

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

either that or closes the door to the few who can get it

Yeah but that won't affect me so pick the phone up ;)

Seriously though it would be great if someone can do the honours, maybe on a UK and a GZ as a comparison?

Originally posted by mcanny

Odd isn't the word for it, damn annoying is a bit closer!

All they said to me was that "the system" wouldn't allow them to quote me, I love computers :)

I was the same last year phoned them wouldn't quote because i'm under 30. on a j-spec

Weird :

First page of motor quotes on their website states :

We cannot insure:

Motor cycles, vans, pick ups, minibuses.

Cars which have not been manufactured for the UK market e.g. Japanese imports.

Cars which have performance enhancing modifications.

Cars which are used abroad for more than 180 consecutive days.

Cars which are in excess of £100,000 in value.

Cars that are registered and normally kept outside of mainland United Kingdom,

the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.

Drivers outside the age range of 17 and 79.

You, if you live in Northern Ireland.

Non mainland UK residents.

So is all this BS?

I just phoned our man Kevin and he told me specifically that they don't take mods into account but you should have receipts and/or photos for claim purposes. Oh, and I'll be cancelling my policy with Adrian Flux tomorrow and signing up with them :D

Anyone who doesn't want to feel sick, stop reading now.

Fully comp, protected NCB, single turbo conversion... £638.

Bonkers.

-Ian

Originally posted by Ian C

I just phoned our man Kevin and he told me specifically that they don't take mods into account but you should have receipts and/or photos for claim purposes. Oh, and I'll be cancelling my policy with Adrian Flux tomorrow and signing up with them :D

Anyone who doesn't want to feel sick, stop reading now.

Fully comp, protected NCB, single turbo conversion... £638.

Bonkers.

-Ian

Presumably you are over 30?

(Edited to add that I've now checked your profile like I should have originally :))

I still can't get through to Kevin :(

Originally posted by mcanny

Presumably you are over 30?

(Edited to add that I've now checked your profile like I should have originally :))

I still can't get through to Kevin :(

Keep trying for Kevin.

It seems it varies greatly depending on which sales person you talk to. I will be writing to them to confirm that they cover my mods and also to talk about a club insurance policy as they seem to be offering what most of us want.

JB