The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra False Addy?

Guest hell_rider

Guest hell_rider

Well I'm a new member here but been doing ALOT of reading the past couple of months for Supras since I wanna get one in a couple months time. At the same time I keep looking in here and autotrader for cars which are for sale.

So at one point today I was just curious what's the max bhp a Supra with stock turbos can make and seems its around 430bhp or so roughly.

I just found this ad on autotrader. the car looks stunning for my taste except for the rear wing but this guy says its making 530bhp plus ! Pic of the engine shows some mods but it seems that the turbos are stock ones.

It's not possible is it ?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201020359455351/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/supra/make/toyota/quicksearch/true/radius/1501/page/8/postcode/nw44he?logcode=p

No its not 530 bhp on stock turbos & not doing 0 - 150 mph in 12 secs on stock turbos either. You could get twin hybrids but still don't think they make that power.

Oh & looking at his reg i think he thinks he has a big single :D

Ah was just looking at the pics, whats with the big lights on the back bumper?

Edited by Suprab1 (see edit history)

530bhp is a little ambitious on what appears to be stock turbos; it may have hybrids fitted, but I think I have only every read that they are good for about 450bhp

On the whole, its a pretty horrific car; the rear spoiler looks gash, the interior looks like a hookers sofa, the front spoiler looks ill-fitting and the wrong colour....

Supra owners should have to go through a vetting programme before be allowed to own one, might cut down on such attrocities

... but yeah 430bhp is about right, some may say more, some may say less

Guest hell_rider
What are those things either side of the rear number plate, embedded into the rear bumper?

well I deny believing that those are led lights of some sort ? :taped:

Guest hell_rider
530bhp is a little ambitious on what appears to be stock turbos; it may have hybrids fitted, but I think I have only every read that they are good for about 450bhp

On the whole, its a pretty horrific car; the rear spoiler looks gash, the interior looks like a hookers sofa, the front spoiler looks ill-fitting and the wrong colour....

Supra owners should have to go through a vetting programme before be allowed to own one, might cut down on such attrocities

... but yeah 430bhp is about right, some may say more, some may say less

Well I like the interior. I didn't at first look but if you look at it more it kinda reminds me of expensive cars for some reason.

Sorry, I know you said that you like the look of the car