The mkiv Supra Owners Club

passenger door stuck - what now?

Kim1978

mates, had my car repainted last year. And among other things this so called "painter" was able to f*ck up - my passenger door has been jammed/locked for a whole year now sine he didn't align it properly.

cliffs:

Unable to open it from inside and outside

You can hear the lock hinge working but there seems to a mechanical problem

A certified Toyota master mechanic worked on the car for two hours. Tried to "bend" it open with tools and used these inflatable cushions to no avail.

A mechanic from the German Automotive Club (ADAC) worked on the door for an hour with a professional break-in kit to no avail. Apparently the lock mechanism is encased.

Now I am seriously consider getting an angle grinder and dremel and cut up the lock mechanism.

For your input I would be grateful.

When the techs looked at it was all the rods going to the lock secure? I'm pretty sure if you can get at the door lock whilst closed you should be able to open it from inside the car, I'd suggest buying a spare door lock and try breaking the outer casing of the door lock off and see what is exposed! You may be able to get something in to open it! :)

HTH

When the techs looked at it was all the rods going to the lock secure? I'm pretty sure if you can get at the door lock whilst closed you should be able to open it from inside the car, I'd suggest buying a spare door lock and try breaking the outer casing of the door lock off and see what is exposed! You may be able to get something in to open it! :)

HTH

He said he could grab the rods going to the lock but nothing would happen. They wouldn't move.

Also, I can not get to it from the inside because the door trim is blocking it and there is no way to undo the trim when the door is closed. Which means I have to cut up the $800 trim - which I have been reluctant to do. But now I don't seem to have a choice though.

I'm not 100% sure but if you can take your rear seats out and your nsr trim, from the b pillar backwards, see if you can get to the end part of the bolts for the latch! Depending on how they screw into the body you maybe able to break off the retainer for the screws that secures the latch! I haven't looked into this it's just a another thing to at least try before you start taking a grinder to your car! :)

I'm not 100% sure but if you can take your rear seats out and your nsr trim, from the b pillar backwards, see if you can get to the end part of the bolts for the latch! Depending on how they screw into the body you maybe able to break off the retainer for the screws that secures the latch! I haven't looked into this it's just a another thing to at least try before you start taking a grinder to your car! :)

This is a good idea. Thank you.