The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu

teddan

It varies an awful lot tbh. everyone has a different idea of the full bpu spec. Some say you 'need' afr, egt and boost gauges which could be £30 each or £150 each. some say you only need a boost gauge(not advisable) some fit a new fuel pump others don't. Different plugs etc etc. I've bought all secondhand(not fitted yet) and so far has cost less than £500 without the fuel pump but did include 1st and second decat, catback exhaust, sard sports cat, greddy fuel cut limiter, greddy egt and boost gauges, different plugs.

Its whatever you want to spend in my opinion. I would love a fmic but mainly for the looks. a good condition oem intercooler is more than sufficient for bpu. The fuel pump is again, a matter of opinion. they are getting on a bit now, but keep an eye on the afr and should be ok. For the cost it is advisable to change though.

Rob

And £4500 for bpu is truly staggering.......... but it does show that it could be anywhere between £500 and £5000

Edited by Robzki (see edit history)

you can save a lot of cost if you look in the sale thread and buy used parts as well.

The most basic things you need is a fuel pump, downpipe, bcc and boost controller. You should be able to get that for £500. Myself spent somewhat closer to £2,000 and I got almost all my parts used.

This is my BPU setup

HKS 4" Ti

Greddy 3 row

Apexi AVCR

RMM DP

Max Air Box Intake

Adjustable Cam Gears

It depends which company you get to do it for you and what exact spec you go for. Mine was around 4.5k with all parts (all HKS kit including FMIC) and labour at TDi.

That does seem a lot unless you had other things done to the car like service & parts changed.

To the OP, what parts do you have in mind as price will vary.

Price this little lot up and you'll have your answer

1st Decat Pipe - Required

2nd Decat Pipe - Required

Resistor Ring - Required

Cat Back Exhaust - Required

Boost Gauge - Required

Fuel Cut Defender - Required

Spark Plugs - Cooler grade required

Intercooler - Depending on condition of stock SMIC

EGT/AFR Gauge - Optional but recommended

Gauge Pod - Optional

Boost Controller - Optional

Labour

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I think I paid around £2000 to have the following supplied and fitted...

The kit without the exhaust came to approximately £1200 inc VAT (May 2008)

Blitz Nurspec RX Exhaust

Greddy FMIC I wanted to type Greedy just to be annoying

Plugs

Boost Controller

Double decat

Walbro pump

FCD

Everything supplied and fitted by Whifbitz (except exhaust fitment)

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

i spent 5k plus going full bpu a hks typr r intercooler is 1200 pound on its own

So minus the intercooler that makes £3800 for bpu? what did you get for the money? what was the labour cost? Out of genuine interest, I must have bought 'cheap' parts tbh

hks high power exhaust 500 pounds hks evc 6 400 pounds greddy fcd 80 pounds hks second decat pipe 140 pounds labour 720 pounds that was first trip to tdi. so 1800 pounds. 2ND trip to tdi type r hks intercooler 1200pounds hks sqv2 plus recirculating plus mesh 280 pounds labour 640 pounds 2100pounds.so were are at nearly 4K. i got some parts delivered then fuel pump 200 pound fuel filter 30 pound hks cam pulleys 200 pounds hks belts ie timing and aux 150 pounds alloy pipe for intercooler 40 pounds tein springs200 pounds tein strut bars front rear 250 pounds cam belt tensioner plus idler 150 pounds plus 300 pounds have fitted roughly 1500 pounds. so up to 5.5 k. 3RD trip to tdi hks fcon v pro 850 pounds hks wide band pressure sensor 150 pounds hks vpc temp sensor 30 pounds hks harness air temp 25 pounds hks fcon 5 harness 270 pounds.1400 pounds so nearly 7k. new clutch cover disc realease bearing rear main oil seal 300 pounds.labour to remove and install clutch plus full remap raise limiter to 7200rpm afr 11.4.1 boost 1.1bar /1.45bar 1700pounds so SORRY AROUND 8K FOR FULL BPU

Edited by nigelboyne (see edit history)