The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project: Dream Car

Guest Suprastar2009

Guest Suprastar2009

Hi guys Ive had the supra for nearly a year now, over the last month or so i've been making a few changes to the car and have amassed a few photos, as I know theres a lot more to come over the next few months I thought id start this thread to get you all upto date on whats been done so far, I will then keep adding to the thread with new pics and news :D.

So here goes some pics of when I first got it I'm going to break down into different posts its easier to understand the photos that way.

I phone pics 025.jpg

I phone pics 023.jpg

Guest Suprastar2009

First thing I did was change the head unit to a double DIN JVC so that I could have my Iphone running through the stereo I will have a pic of this tomorrow, It comes highly recommended alot of bang for your bucks. The first big thing I did was change the wheels, the previous set I had were not wide enough on the rear and so IMO looked ugly, so one saturday I grabbed my neighbour and his mondeo and headed to somerst to see L33 (hope all is well with the engine soon dude) to pick up a set of chrome alloys.

I phone pics 101.jpg

I phone pics 112.jpg

I phone pics 114.jpg

Guest Suprastar2009

Next on the list was an MOT and a new set of discs and pads on the rear, also got the body repair guy in to repair some rust patches near the rear window and fix the front splitter which had been damaged by the preious owner. Next on the list, new induction kit so back on the owners club and this time a meeting with Ray007 inn london and I was a happy HKS mushroom owner It was a bit tatty a first but I gave it a bit of a spruce, the origional red filter I had shown in the pics was a little dirty so I picked up a replacement at JapFest last week in a special edition purple :D

I phone pics 116.jpg

I phone pics 118.jpg

I phone pics 120.jpg

I phone pics 121.jpg

Guest Suprastar2009

After fitting the induction kit I fitted a brushed aluminium slam plate, after this i realised just how dirty the engine bay looked so I removed the plastic engine cover, got the t-cut and set to work, still along way to go but the pics show what I've managed to do already, Ive picked up some red vacum hose from JTS this weekend so will be putting pics of that up soon

I phone pics 122.jpg

I phone pics 123.jpg

I phone pics 124.jpg

Guest Suprastar2009

Lights next, my passenger hadlight was disgusting completely yellowed so I managed to pick up one in the parts for sale section on here, I also purchased some e-tech black light tinting spray and blacked out the front and side indicators. Sorry about the darkness of this pic I will retake in the daylight tomorrow and I also get one of the old headlight when I went to remove it i found it was held in with cable ties !?!

I phone pics 125.jpg

Guest Suprastar2009

Last stage so far...due to the lovely weather weve been having I picked up the bottle of t-cut again and set to the paintwork on the outside followed up by a lovely waxing, I then picked up a rear carbon number plate surroung from the owners club and a full carbon TRD spoiler from JTS (Rob has some pictures of the live build on the club stand, hopefully theyll be up soon ;) thanks again guys!) I also had some new number plates made up a little slimmer but wider than the old ones, new one not fitted but i do have it so pics to follow on that one. Hope you like....cos I love it!!

I phone pics 099.jpg

I phone pics 128.jpg

I phone pics 126.jpg

Guest Suprastar2009

so things that will be done and updated in the next couple of days, new black mesh to be fitted to the front bumper, clean and repainting the callipers, fitting new front number plate, further engine clean including replacing vacum hose with the new red stuff i picked up from JTS, I finally feel the car is getting were I want it to be still loads to come though :D

Guest Suprastar2009

Oh, yeh forgot to say your comments are welcome and Ive just written i dint fit the new number plate i have fitted the rear just not the new. :)

Guest Suprastar2009

I've picked up chrome car badges that spell supra, I'm thinking of putting it across the boot in a lotus stylee opinions please as I'm in two minds !?!

Nice one, Dan! The car's coming along well. I can't believe the price you got the full carbon TRD spoiler for at JTS, by the way (I saw them advertised on the Knight Racer trade stand) - that's what I paid for a 1/2 carbon one!

Keep up the good work, anyway.

Guest Suprastar2009

Any opinions on the letters for the rear yet? The only reason I ask is I'm going to be doing some more work to the Supra tomorrow. And thankns guys for the comments already :D

Guest Suprastar2009

Managed to get a gap in the rain today to fit this :D slowly getting there I'm really hoping to get some publicity on this car next show season so am working hard to get this together, its kinda of bin a dream for mine, hence the title :D this might be a bit forward but anyone viewing this who has any parts lying around that theyd like to donate to the project it would be greatly appreciated, I'll make sure everyone who helps gets a special mention where ever the car goes :p