The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Omg mpg

SimonG

Not what you would think,had the Sup serviced the other week

new aux belt,coolant,plugs,full syn oil and took the o2 sensors out

and soaked them in white vinegar overnight.

went from Dereham to Chipping Norton to see my Grand daughter (Megan Rose 7lb 5 oz born last sat ) anyway it says its about a 3hr 45min trip ,keep the speed in limits no rush and i would have been been able to do the whole trip on 3/4 of a tank well impressed.Megan by the way is beautiful a happy Gramps [GRIN][/GRIN]

According to the AA, that journey (1 way) is 147 miles. The Supra has a 70 litre fuel tank, so 3/4 is around 52.5 litres. That makes 12.73 MPG. Unless you meant the return journey of 294 miles, which would give 25.46 MPG.

I hope it's the latter, because that's okay rather than quite shocking. Well, if you're driving a TT - I don't know what NAs get to the gallon, but I normally get around 23 - 26 MPG if I drive sensibly in my BPU TT.

And yes, I'm not very busy at work today!

This is my 1000th post, irrelevantly...

According to the AA, that journey (1 way) is 147 miles. The Supra has a 70 litre fuel tank, so 3/4 is around 52.5 litres. That makes 12.73 MPG. Unless you meant the return journey of 394 miles, which would give 34.12 MPG.

I hope it's the latter, because that's impressive in a good way rather than a shocking one. Well, if you're driving a TT - I don't know what NAs get to the gallon, but I normally get around 23 - 26 MPG if I drive sensibly in my BPU TT.

Congrats!

A return journy on 3/4 of a tank is pretty darn good. I was taking the long route through using Google Maps.

According to the AA, that journey (1 way) is 147 miles. The Supra has a 70 litre fuel tank, so 3/4 is around 52.5 litres. That makes 12.73 MPG. Unless you meant the return journey of 294 miles, which would give 25.46 MPG.

I hope it's the latter, because that's okay rather than quite shocking. Well, if you're driving a TT - I don't know what NAs get to the gallon, but I normally get around 23 - 26 MPG if I drive sensibly in my BPU TT.

Congratulations on 1000th post :)

I thought your mpg goes down when you go BPU? 23-26 sounds pretty high for a TT. I have never calculated mine though.

I thought your mpg goes down when you go BPU? 23-26 sounds pretty high for a TT.

That's taking it VERY gently. Like, sixth gear everywhere and using the speed limit actually as a limit, not a target...

Normal use I would say around 18 - 20 MPG. It's only money... Ha ha!

Sorry i could not be more precise ,i would say i normally was getting about 17 however i

drove so i really noticed the difference after cleaning up the o2 sensors.thing is i went through almost half a tank on the way back and i was even happy with that it was a superb day.

i did a trip from gatwick to norfolk, 2 and 1/2 hours drive.. around 70-80mph motorways. started with a full tank and still had over two 3rds left when i got home. i think supras can be really good on fuel

Gently gently and stay off boost!

Oxford to Liverpool. 1/2 a tank. 155 miles apprx

Happy with that. My Corsa used to do that but it had a fuel tank capacity of 55cl lol

Sounds about right, I can do Liverpool to Durham and back on a tank, just. It's really struggling on the last bit, and that's about 320 miles return.

wow. compared to you all i guess ive had bad experiance with my supra's

my fist na used to get me about 15-20mpg

Then my next na-tt BPu 5 Speed use to get me only about 12mpg

then had a TT6 which wasnt too bad

And now my aerotop n/a gets me only around 12-15mph??? maybe because of the blitz nur-spec?

I must be doing something wrong?

I thought some NA's did 35mpg at 100mph :devil:

Only trouble is, they are like the Weeping Angels from Dr Who. Fantastic performance when no-one's looking, but as soon as there's an observer, they become stationary...

I once got 21mpg from my single with a bit of boosty fun and a bit of skidding... shorter journeys ruin me though.

Im guessing a single is actually better on runs than a TT if "crusing" seeing as the turbo isnt kicking in all the time ... until you cant resist the temptation anymore!!!

And now my aerotop n/a gets me only around 12-15mph??? maybe because of the blitz nur-spec?

I would say so! Unless that "something wrong" translates as "driving it like you stole it," in which case, maybe not...

How are you calculating the MPG values?

Have a go cleaning the o2 sensors worked for me.[GRIN][/GRIN]