The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Monitoring

TLicense

I've pretty much decided that the next mods that I'm going to perform are going to be to make my current set-up more robust in preperation for "stage 2".

I'm looking basically at getting an EGT probe so I can input that into the AEM and use it to help increase fuelling / retard timing as neccessary. Will just the 1 EGT probe be enough, or should I get 2 and place them say between say runners 1 and 2 and 5 and 6 (isn't 6 the one that always tends to run lean and detonate?)

I already have a UEGO WB02 sensor and will be looking to set perform similar limiting functions with it as above. I need to get a cat free downpipe to ensure this is working correctly.

I've just started looking at using the knock sensor's as well for similar functions again.

And last of all I'm going to see about getting oil and fuel pressure sensors, which I should be able use to output to specific warnign lights.

Is there anything else that I should be looking at? Is this overkill?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sounds good to me, using the spare inputs on the AEM to monitor these gives you the ability to configure a reaction to drops in fuel pressure and alike.

I was also thinking of re-using the cat overheat LED on the dash so when my EGT reaches 900deg C or more it comes on as warning.

:thumbs: