The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Restoring gear bezel

Wyntersun

My auto gear surround bezel at some point has been stripped of it's rubber coating, leaving the shiny black plastic.

It now look's like the sun a faded parts of the black plastic as it now has light bleeched patches on it.

What's the best way to restore it back or atleast make it compleatly black to make it look new/good again?

I bought some faux leather material thinking maybe I could coat the bezel in some sort of textile glue, and stick the leather material over the bezel. This may be harder then I originally thought.

Has anyone restored theres before, if so what did you use and do?

Thanks

Gave it a light going over with fine wet and dry, a coat of plastic primer and a few? coats of satin black bought from Halfrauds.

I chose the satin finish as it has a light sheen that can be easily cleaned. If you use a matt finish, I think you may find it will always have shiny fingerprints on it.

There is a how to do it thread on here somewhere.

I cant seem to find one :( I have asked for one on here but only been offered one for £40-£50 and it has holes drilled into it for an alarm leds

Here's the part number if you want to check price of a new one.

58804-14050 Auto Gear Panel (pre-facelift)