The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Import mileage proof

Dnk

From what i can see this is from the dealer in Japan so once its shipped it can't just be clocked when it gets here unless they throw the certficate away, i guess no system is fool proof though but just wondered if anyone had heard of this but guess no one has as no responce other than yours.

Ta anyway

I had one on my last car, and one came with this one. You buy it online and they send a cert saying what the reading was before it left Japan.

If you get a pre-face lift it is virtually imposible to clock anyway due to the digital odo. You can clock it up, but can't make the number less. If you go up and past all 9's I think the odo turns to --- and you need to buy a new one. I guess you could buy a new one and clock up to a lower number. There was a thread I read about it on here about 4-5 years ago.

I had one on my last car, and one came with this one. You buy it online and they send a cert saying what the reading was before it left Japan.

If you get a pre-face lift it is virtually imposible to clock anyway due to the digital odo. You can clock it up, but can't make the number less. If you go up and past all 9's I think the odo turns to --- and you need to buy a new one. I guess you could buy a new one and clock up to a lower number. There was a thread I read about it on here about 4-5 years ago.

Digital mileage correction is a piece of piss mate. Far easier to clock a pre-facelift than it is a facelift. Old school odo's tend to look off if you try to clock them.

Thanks for the replies guys, i called Jurgen yesterday and had a good long chat with him and think i've found the best way to buy an imported mkiv which doesn't involve certificates from 3rd parties which in my opinion aren't worth the paper their written on if the mileage has already been tampered with.

This is easily done on any car and digital is even easier if you know the right or should i say wrong people !

I'll be calling him back in the near future so he can begin the search for the correct car which will tick all the boxes.