The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mid life crisis?

jevansio

So I was out & about today & bumped into one of my best mates from school & college (was in his class for 7 years), not seen him since I was 17 (35 now) so we were stood in B&Q carpark talking about what we had been doing with our lives.

He was on about his car (new Audi A4) and I pointed at mine & he said "whoa mid life crisis".

It's one thing that has worried me about big powered Supra ownership as I move on from being a "young lad".

All the people who have known me the last 10 years accept the car, but it's funny how people I havn't met in ages view the car.

Any of you worry about being a 40 yr old driving a Supra?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tell him you have a 996 turbo aswell and walk off:D

I didn't think I should need to TBH. The Supra is IMHO a better car, & one I am proud of. Was the first time I've ever had a negative comment about it (which I guess is why I posted this), I think it knocked me a bit :D

I didn't think I should need to TBH. The Supra is IMHO a better car, & one I am proud of. Was the first time I've ever had a negative comment about it (which I guess is why I posted this), I think it knocked me a bit :D

Most people just see them as an old car i think.

Mid Life Crisis ? :rlol:

Jesus :nyah:

How is it when someone sees a Supra :drool: .....(or anything like it for that matter)

They go into "Auto Suggestion"

""Huh...Fast Sports Car = midlife crisis" :fool:

Christ it's such a cliche.

:jester:

ps..You must excuse me as I am 51 and mad :looney:

I always get my gf telling me to get a Jag/Lexus/Merc. TBH I wouldn't consider either at the mo as I love supras full stop.

Iwas getting the mid-life crisis shit 10 years ago when I had a 944 Turbo, and am still getting it now.

The question is, what age should you be to be perceived as a Supra owner?

I reckon half the time jealousy prompts such remarks?

In my honest opinion, the way i see it is as long as your happy with the car your driving, who cares what anyone else thinks? At the end of the day, its probably more a factor of jealousy (sp?) than anything else

EDIT: there was 4 comments left in the time it took me to write one lol. Yeah, i have to agree with Supranature

I always get my gf telling me to get a Jag/Lexus/Merc. TBH I wouldn't consider either at the mo as I love supras full stop.

I was getting the mid-life crisis shit 10 years ago when I had a 944 Turbo, and am still getting it now.

The question is, what age should you be to be perceived as a Supra owner?

I reckon half the time jealousy prompts such remarks?

Jag/Lexus/Merc or even beemer!!

These cars are everywhere!!

The Supra will go down as the hidden classic sports car that it is.

It looks fast even when it isn't moving

It's funny I think the Supra has matured better than most too. From the rear it's only the diffuser & TRD spoiler that make it look unusual

It looks better now than it did back in 93-if that makes sense.

People often remark that they can't beleive how old my car is :)

I'm 20.... therefore my mid-life crisis is telling me, I'm going to die early. :(

But then I've only got an N/A... that makes for a quarter-life-crisis?

NAH !

You've just got natural good taste for style...and you haven't recognised it yet! :)

He was on about his car (new Audi A4) and I pointed at mine & he said "whoa mid life crisis".

Just tell him it has taken this long to find perfection.;) Then allude to the fact that he must still be looking by him having an Audi A4..........:D

i'm 51, been having a MLC for the last 20 years, all the skylines, supras and evo's i've owned, still got my 400bhp evo3, an n/a supra, surf, and an amg c class.... a car for all occasions!!!