The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying the black supe on platinum Autos

teddan

Let's not comment negatively on this car folks please, unless you have personal experience of it, or something like the engine appears to be obviously missing.

It may well be a very nice car. Thanking you.

Seems alright, probably a good idea to check it out or get someone closer to check it out for you first though.

Traders with massive stock usually don't know much about the cars they sell, emphasis on usually! Just a suggestion to why they couldn't tell you about boost levels or decats.

You could try Jurgen if you're after a manual BPU TT, he'll probably be able to source one for you....

Platinum Auto's seem to have had quite a few nice looking Supra's come up for sale. Their ad's seem to be without the usual marketing drivel and quite well written as well although why every word needs a capital letter is beyond me. Prices seem quite good too. I've had no actual experience of them though :)

I like the black one, they seem to have a few nice supra's including a UK spec for 6.5K

http://www.platinumautos.co.uk/28161/stock.htm

The uk spec one looks alot like the one a trader near me was selling a few months ago. Iirc it had 133k miles too, but it was on for alot less than £6.5k (£4.5k iirc.)

I enquired about it my self and the bloke advised me not to buy it as it was f**k*d. He said there was something up with the engine.

There's also a thread on here about how Platinum Autos are not as good as their ads make them out to be.

All i'd like to say is be vary of them and just try Jurgen.