The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power or looks i cant have both

The Raven

Im really starting to get annoyed by the lack of power in my N/A now.

The question is do i sell and get a TT or just shut up and keep my aero.

I would like to dump a TT into it and get the best of both worlds. However there is no way im going to be able to save the 2.5k to do it with hoildays, building and babies.

I figure i could get around 4.5ish for mine then stick a grand towards a TT

Man just be happy with what you got, with supes and doing them up you always want moreeeee, look at it my way, petrol is high, cant use the speed on the roads so stick with a na, still got the look and the na engine is more reliable than a tt engine...FACT:D (that makes me feel so much better sometimes lol)

agreed you have made your car the way you want it! if you buy a tt you will have to do all the visual things again! how much did that all set you back? probably all in all 2.5k if not more!?

Well,

The whole lot inc the car was less than 2.5k;)

sir I take my hat off to you as you have made a great looking supra for very little! congratulations! however would you not want it to have the pull you yearn for now with the way it looks?

If money was not an issue of course i would have the TT lump in it tomorrow, but its going to be atleast a year and a half maybe two before i can do anything about it.

Have been out in colins BPU way to much :(

If money was not an issue of course i would have the TT lump in it tomorrow, but its going to be atleast a year and a half maybe two before i can do anything about it.

Have been out in colins BPU way to much :(

always the way mate! once you get a taste for what you can't have you always want more! ;)

but it will be worth the wait!

I've had my Sup for 1 month, Stage one of my ownership was 400bhp is perfect! Good practical car still... Stage 2 after 2 weeks of ownership ok a solid BPU 440bhp that would be sweet, Stage 3 1 month of ownership got to go Single but first I will give it a super car interior and a full service....! lol.... Stage 4 is where I am at the mo thinking if 550bhp is enough maybe 700bhp would be better... I don't think I would want anymore..! hahaha

I can see how ppl fall in the trap...! lol

I'm wanting to do all the mechanical work myself under supervision from a pro, that is how I am going to excuse all the dosh going into it as I will be learning something new at the same time..

I would feel bad taking anything from the club less than face value, hell even when people give me things i feel the need to buy them beers or something.

Jody I looked at the 1jz and was well up for it until i found out that it was impossible to make it work with the supra auto, meaning i would need a 5 speed which then pushed it back up to the 2.5k mark.

As your current car has most of the hard work done to it already it's one of the rare times that a TT swap makes more sense. They're easy enough to drop in, but finding one and all the associated bits is becoming the hard part.

Mate Keep it . Like Homer said they are becoming hard to find . So just start saving and maybe by the time you have the cash Keron and co will have some engines for us. Im sitting( with the cash) here waiting for keron to find a few TT's so mate there is no rush .

Stick to what you have mate, I was going through the same thing as you recently, it's not just the way the car looks, you know it now, it's strengths and flaws, if you get a boggo tt it will look pants and you may pick up a real nightmare mechanically. I'm saving up and I know when it's all done, it will be epic.

But if you do get rid of yours, let me buy your bonnet!

Man just be happy with what you got, with supes and doing them up you always want moreeeee, look at it my way, petrol is high, cant use the speed on the roads so stick with a na, still got the look and the na engine is more reliable than a tt engine...FACT:D (that makes me feel so much better sometimes lol)

Yeah but you still know it's an n/a :D

keep it the new one ive got still doesnt feel the same as the old one i am still trying to get it ripped in but i just keep hitting walls, latest issue is some of the springs and bushes missing from the brakes :( i am waiting for some new one off steve manley now tho so my car is stuck in the car park and has been sorn`ed i aint driving it until i absolutly need to and i am being a bit of a perfectionist :) oh yeah forgot to mention i cant get the exhaust off either to replace the 2nd cat :( the car is just a mess

things i still need to do:-

wire up facelift indicators

boot rubbers

rear foglight and reverse lights need sorting out

KMH to MPH conversion and get mileage converted

Blue LED dash conversion

fit El-glo dials

get the indicators on the front wings removed and get wings flushed

buy HID kit

get a decent CAT 1 alarm fitted

........ the list is endless :(

keep it the new one ive got still doesnt feel the same as the old one i am still trying to get it ripped in but i just keep hitting walls, latest issue is some of the springs and bushes missing from the brakes :( i am waiting for some new one off steve manley now tho so my car is stuck in the car park and has been sorn`ed i aint driving it until i absolutly need to and i am being a bit of a perfectionist :) oh yeah forgot to mention i cant get the exhaust off either to replace the 2nd cat :( the car is just a mess

things i still need to do:-

wire up facelift indicators

boot rubbers

rear foglight and reverse lights need sorting out

KMH to MPH conversion and get mileage converted

Blue LED dash conversion

fit El-glo dials

get the indicators on the front wings removed and get wings flushed

buy HID kit

get a decent CAT 1 alarm fitted

........ the list is endless :(

Guess its not as fun doing it all again huh? I will hang on for the summer, hope someone works a way to fit a 1jz to the supra auto box